Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cold Weather Payment

Quote Originally Posted by robbie66 View Post
    Looking like that some off us who are entitled to the cold weather payment should get this over the coming days as the weather is forecast to be extremely cold something like minus 10 for the foreseeable future ????????????
    You will have to check on https://coldweatherpayments.dwp.gov.uk/ but yeah it seems likely. I entered my postcode and the estimate is 1 payment due from 23rd Feb - 1st March.

It's not paid right away though...

'After each period of very cold weather in your area, you should get a payment within 14 working days. It’s paid into the same bank or building society account as your benefit payments.'. So i'm guessing after the 1st March the payment will be made within 14 days.

Hi sorry to sound stupid, I'm on ir esa with the work related top up, would I be entitled to the cold weather payment? I don't receive any other premiums etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellyj View Post
    Hi sorry to sound stupid, I'm on ir esa with the work related top up, would I be entitled to the cold weather payment? I don't receive any other premiums etc.
    Doesn't look like it.

You'll only get it if you get a disability premium.

https://www.gov.uk/cold-weather-payment/eligibility

Am I right in thinking that people on OAP don't et the cold weather payment?

Yes unless you get Pension Credits.

Yes you do get the "Cold Weather Payment" if you receive Pension Credit. Unfortunately for me the last time I received it was about 5 Years ago as it was never cold enough for me to get it. Since I live as far North as you can go on the Scottish Mainland you would think otherwise, but no payments for us up here even in this exceptionally cold weather.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Does enhanced payment of daily living of PIP count ?
    Call me Mike.

Sorry to that it does not Count.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Generally you need an IR element
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Sorry to that it does not Count.
    Thank you for your help.
    Call me Mike.