Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sale of Goods-washing machine leaking!

Hi Kodiak, TY for template. This will be used if needs be and saving for later use. It was only fact that No7 pointed out engineer may charge fee even though machine well within guarantee (retailer and manufacturer) that we are going this far-if knew for sure that engineer not charge then wouldn't have this shenanigans, but as say, always good feeling when achieve something yourself. Recently, our hoover packed up and just needed new belt-managed to do the job successfully with 4 more hands but it is never as easy as people purport it to be!

Hey nuke, ta for your experience. Will be giving it a shot before next wash which will now be tomorrow (actually rrying to find items to wash!) now. Also found today wash mach descaler/cleaner where 1/2 goes into drum and other into drawer (just on the off chance that it is build up of powder even though this goes direct into drum and only liquid softener goes into drawer and ever has) & will try with 'blue tap' turned down so not as much water being delivered in case it is pressure causing prob (I was of impression that machines drew what water they needed per wash).

It will be tomorrow now before any further developments likely to occur and will report back then. Meanwhile, Thanks again.

The case where a machine is under warranty and an engineer visit "may " carry a charge is to ensure that the user has bothered to go through the troubleshooting procedure found in every user guide........If an engineer made a visit only to find a sock in the pump or filter ( That an end user could and should have checked for,) then a charge is due and understanably so.

HI, Back again with quick(ish) update-apologies for lateish post but it has taken 'til now to get this stage!

Yesterday bought a washing machine cleaner which deals with built up detergent, limescale etc. Followed instructions
    says to place in dispenser drawer and run on normal 40' wash in empty machine.

Did this on 1200 synthetics 40' wash, 2 hr cycle. Leak occurred at rinse spin cycle near end of wash. It doesn't gush out-it is like a quick trickle of clear water, no suds. From a guessing point, it is less than a glass/cupful! There is no leak at machine emptying itself.

So before next wash, turned pressure down by approx 1/4 (to save further misunderstanding-blue tap under sink-when say turned down by 1/4-know that blue and red taps of these type turn from on to off by a 1/4 turn-so in this description I have turned the blue tap1/4 of the 1/4, if that makes sense!)-the wash that was put on then was a cotton 40' wash-leaked at beginning of filling of this cycle, so further turned down pressure via blue tap to about 1/3rd. Then had to wait til end of wash (recently).

Up until getting to end of cycle (when you can hear water in the dispenser drawer) it started the leak (cue a few naughty words as thinking turning down water pressure to about 1/3rd may have worked), again no gushing of water, a trickle from under the drawer dispenser, which I videoed, which lasts for only about 20 seconds.

So, unfortunately, it is now back you boys nuke and no7. Should I think of turning blue water tap under sink down even further, maybe to 1/2, or what are next steps you were going point me to no7? (if i have confused you with my description of blue water tap let me know and will try and describe as a clock dial).

As ever, always grateful.

Hi Spencer, w/m supply taps aren't very accurate so you're best turning down the pressure by sound or sight i.e. listening to or looking at the water flow.

It might be best to turn the supply fully off.....then set the machine to any wash or rinse cycle (your machine will sit there doing nothing but buzzing)....then start turning on the supply slowly right up to max.....then turn it back down until you judge the flow is a lot less forceful.

If you can figure out a way to phone me I can then talk you through the procedure on the phone but for obvious reasons I daren't put my phone number or email on a public Forum.

It's times like this we could be doing with a private message system.

Spencer, this is just a thought and may have been suggested before or you have already checked. If so sorry.
    If the drawer is only leaking at the rinse cycle is it possible that the drawer is vibrating slightly open or coming unsealed during the wash or spin cycle

Hi beau, Ms for you reply ut unfortunately had already checked this-the drawer fit is as snug as day1.

No7. (know exact what you mean re private message-maybe something for the future for the site!). The point you make was something I thought about yesterday evening after final leak came through...just going through how w/machines work (or as far as I know now) and experience of these types of taps that have had with friends caravan-as you say not very accurate, not like kitchen/bathroom setups. This will be next course of action and have even left all cleaning material from under sink out as knew would need further access.

We'll go through actions and get back later but again today is busier day than our average days (it's that time of year!) even on top of christmas. Know have said before really do appreciate time and effort your spending on this. So, until later, MT's.

Hi again Spencer, I have a Blomberg w/m which is a Beko in disguise and it leaks just like yours unless I turn the water pressure down.

something I need to clarify, are you hearing water entering the soap box or is the sound more like slushing water just before you notice the leak ? because restricted drainage could also be the culprit.

I really think turning the pressure down will effect a cure.

Hi No7, Think (hope) turning pressure down will be the cure-unable to action currently as babysitting for 7 week old grandson this afternoon (not may things more important than getting w/m leak corrected, but time with 1st grandchild is 1 of the definite exceptions to this rule!). Interesting to read that Blonberg are Beko!

Can actually hear water enter soap box and certainly no slushing noise-didn't think that it could be blocked drainage (think nuke refers to this point) as can also hear this and just to add, over the past few days when been watching different cycles when machine emptying no leak at that stage at all-only when water is filling soap box. Will def be doing wash tomorrow and will follow instructions regarding blue tap as per your ealrier post. MT's for getting back and will post results as soon as able.

Good troubleshooting up to now,

It's not leaking when emptying, rules out pump or filter.

Only leaks when filling, and only on the rinse.

So not a blockage or it would leak on the main wash fill.

What's different about the rinse fill?

Answer- it squirts water into the conditioner compartment as well as the main sections of the drawer.

So I would suspect that something is wrong with the branch that squirts water to this compartment.

Either the pipe has come loose, or there is a crack in the inlet connection, or the divertor valve itself is leaking?

Unfortunately to check this you would have to take the top off the machine, and possibly run a cycle with the top off.
    Not something that everyone would be comfortable doing with the moving parts accessible.

May well be time for an engineer, (or a replacement).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hi Nuke, totally agree with what may need checking next if turning down the pressure doesn't effect a cure.

Fingers crossed