Thread: At PIP assessment today...

At PIP assessment today...

Thought I would share what I noticed.

As each assessor went to Reception to collect the form for their next person, the receptionist pointed to the person on a screen showing the CCTV of the reception area. When the assessor takes the form to prep they also review the CCTV of you entering and waiting.

I know we all now the assessment begins when you get to the door but thought I’d share what they are doing. Hope this helps someone.

I do not see anything amiss at all in that.

My friend was on CCTV as soon as they pulled into the car park.Not a problem as she had nothing to hide

Of course they had signs saying they were watching people were on CCTV!

P.S. Would be interesting to see if anyone they had monitored this way asked for a copy of the CCTV footage, recorded and viewed of them, and what would happen?

Good point. Video footage should be made available under a subject access request.

I posted this info as my previous PIP assessment (I’ve had 3 now) was scored down because I held car keys. This somehow proved grip strength and that I could peel vegetables and prepare a meal. I won my appeal, but don’t want to go that way again for the sake of something as simple as that.

I realised my top had buttons on, just after I had said I can’t do buttons so deliberately choose clothes without them. I felt the need to explain they were decorative and the low scoop neckline made it really easy to put on. We shouldn’t have to second guess what the assessor is thinking, but having been on the reviving end of a factually inaccurate report before has changed my perspective.

Any request would (in my experience) be turned down on the basis that others may be viewable on footage - that was my experience after requesting CCTV in the jobcentre to back up a complaint I made. I never got the CCTV footage despite asking for very specific times and dates and part of the jobcentre and anyone else greyed out so not identifiable. My complaint was upheld in the end but it would have been much faster without that problem!

Ive never been successful getting copies of phone calls either.

I don't know if that's a general thing or not - maybe there's a special way to ask (I just requested it).

Back in 1977 it was common knowledge that you might be observed when arriving to an assessment area for Mobility Allowance. It wouldn't be good to be seen running into the centre on arrival.

I've been for a PIP Assessment and received £100 a month more than when I claimed DLA. I drove myself there and didn't take anyone with me. I even shook hands with the assessor after the interview. I wasn't expecting to get paid more - it just goes to show you.