Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Youreable website takes over 60 seconds plus to change pages

I've found that the best way to access this revised website is to avoid the new home page!

By Googleing 'Youreable Forums' I miss the new home page and the speed to turn pages is perfect.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Do you not have it bookmarked to go straight to the forum without going through google?

Get to the page where you want to start and "add to bookmarks".

If you say which browser you use I could probably give more detailed instructions.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Do you not have it bookmarked to go straight to the forum without going through google?

Get to the page where you want to start and "add to bookmarks".

If you say which browser you use I could probably give more detailed instructions.
    Good suggestion as that works too. There's definitely something in the home page coding that doesn't sit right with Safari 11.0.3. At least I can access the whole site in a click - beats waiting 70 seconds when powered by 200mbs of broadband speed

What amazes me is that the tech team on this site are just sat filing their nails and drawing a pay cheque!

Definitely agree with LT, the site has been terrible since the so called upgrade. Wondered why Jman and I (in the same house, same internet, different laptops,) were having such different experiences with Yourable. He's using Safari - terribly slow for YA. I was on Firefox - fast, NO adverts due to adblockers. Had to switch to Chrome cuz of a different problem. Oh dear, ads slowed it to exactly what LT was talking about in the first post!!

It does seem odd.

My broadband is usually in the Kbps, I might get up to 2.5 Mbps on a good day at home.
    (Except when the BB drops out altogether, in which case I tether the laptop via USB to my phones 3G+ mobile signal).

I have no problem with the speed of the forum pages loading on Firefox. (I also use an adblocker).

Maybe Safari does not like the forum coding for some reason?
    Have you tried it with any other vBulletin based forums to see if the problem is this actual forum or the underlying vBulletin code in general?

I realise that playing with / testing computers is not everyones idea of fun, I might put Safari on my laptop to see what happens.
    Last edited by nukecad; 03-02-2018 at 01:47 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I've had the same problems. SO it ISN"T peoples PC's.. Only thing I can view the forum on is google Chrome. And sorry, anyone who suggests installing 'cleanup' software is asking for trouble. Its dubious suggestion at best, and should not be necessary.

Other Vbulliten forums I use are loading fine on Safari.
    Actually its working on Chrome with Adblock enabled which is making me happyish! Given that the 'general topics' is 2 pages of spam before I reach actual content

I

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingKidney View Post
    I've had the same problems. SO it ISN"T peoples PC's.. Only thing I can view the forum on is google Chrome. And sorry, anyone who suggests installing 'cleanup' software is asking for trouble. Its dubious suggestion at best, and should not be necessary.

Other Vbulliten forums I use are loading fine on Safari.
    Actually its working on Chrome with Adblock enabled which is making me happyish! Given that the 'general topics' is 2 pages of spam before I reach actual content

I
    Using this website in any form is ike walking in treacle.

My quickie route in by missing the HOME page as been closed down. We're back to 70 seconds to turn a page!

I browse a lot using Safari without a problem until I loo on this site.

I'm beginning to think that they website has been hacked and someone has access to the HTML coding and is deliberately trying to close the site down by making it a thoroughly miserable experience. I think I'll phone the DLF office to see if anyone is aware of its poor performance.

Well I've sent an email to Shaw Trust who took over the Youreable Website.

Is there any way we could start an online petition to make management realise that their website incarnation is a flop and it should revert back to the old design that actually worked!

Well I had nearly given up on this website due to the 'walking in treacle' type speeds of turning pages! Today everything appears to be back to normal at last.