Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Done It !!

I can see your point but we are all oldies so toiletries are always very welcome and they do get used.
    I never buy clothes because as you say fashions and sizes change as do tastes.
    The grandchildren get one item to open and are given money to spend as they wish. I would never dream of inflicting my tastes on them.

If I didn't do it in the sales nobody would get anything expensive as I wouldn't be able to afford it.

The one thing I have taken a risk on is for me. Daughter is getting married next year and I saw a beautiful dress in Roman. It came today, suits me and fits well, I will be hoping I don't put any weight on but it will be sod's law I do. 18 years I have been stable in weight and size, just watch me alter.
    Last edited by beau; 12-28-2017 at 12:46 PM.

I see what you mean, if it's toiletries, then yeah, they'll be fine. I don't think of them really, because of allergies I don't get any for Christmas, and I also don't give them really.

I'm sure your dress will be fine for the big day. I hope you have a lovely day, and everything is fine on the day with your dress.

I ordered something of Wish yesterday .It was reduced to £1 so I sent for 2 different ones but the same if you know what I mean .£3 including p+p from America so I sent for it .I know my youngest granddaughter who's 6 will be 7 next Christmas will love it.Its a toy thingy that won't go out of date and I know it was a bargain because I've seen them in town for way way more than what I've paid .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barbiejane View Post
    I ordered something of Wish yesterday .It was reduced to £1 so I sent for 2 different ones but the same if you know what I mean .£3 including p+p from America so I sent for it .I know my youngest granddaughter who's 6 will be 7 next Christmas will love it.Its a toy thingy that won't go out of date and I know it was a bargain because I've seen them in town for way way more than what I've paid .
    I use wish all the time, takes a while for things to arrive, but never really had any problems. I have bought a lot of silver jewellery, so cheap. I’ve had more problems with Ebay as of late. Hope your granddaughter likes it?

Have you ever tried https://www.everything5pounds.com/en/
    Had some brilliant stuff from there. The trick is to read the model's size and see what size she is wearing.
    For example if the model is a 10 and wearing a size 12 then a size bigger than your normal needs to be ordered, if she is a 10 and wearing a 10 then the size is average, etc.

The only problem is that you don't know the make until they arrive but the labels are not cut out.
    Got a simple cardi end of the year, turns out to be a Damart and a jumper was EWM. Not bad for a fiver, worth paying the delivery charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelob View Post
    I use wish all the time, takes a while for things to arrive, but never really had any problems. I have bought a lot of silver jewellery, so cheap. I’ve had more problems with Ebay as of late. Hope your granddaughter likes it?
    I've never heard of wish, do they charge import fees on delivery to the UK?

Received a delivery from Everything £5 yesterday.
    2 jumpers that are lovely but the coup was some smart black trousers in wool and silk material , turns out they are M&S Autograph. Mine are the straight leg style but Marks are still selling the tapered leg style in the same material, priced at £40. Now that is what I call a bargain, big difference between £5 and £40