Thread: PIP Review Reassessment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PIP Review Reassessment

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure why I'm posting. Whether it's for advice, reassurance or just to get it off my chest but I'm worried sick that my assessment didn't go well. I already receive PIP and it's up for review.

I got the appointment letter Christmas week and the appointment was yesterday so I had a bit of a rotten Christmas and New Year because it was constantly on my mind. My mum took me and when it started it I hadn't even finished answering the first question and the lady stopped me and leaned across the desk and told me to keep my answers short. It didn't feel confrontational but it did feel like a telling off from the Headmistress. Even my mum said that she felt uncomfortable when the lady stopped typing, swivel her chair forwards and lean in towards me as she said it. Then after that every question seemed like she was firing them at me and I would begin to answer her and she'd cut me off by saying "OK" and then spend what seemed like ages typing before moving on and doing the same thing. So I really don't feel like I was able to explain anything in detail and there are things that I should have mentioned but I don't think I was given the opportunity. There were also a few times I felt like she was edging me towards saying something particular.

By the way, why are they still using those annoying loud click-click keyboards?

We had taken all my medications along and a few aids and at the beginning we gave them to her but she didn't take them out of the bag to look what was inside. It was a clear zip-lock bag so I suppose she could have seen some of the contents but it was as if she didn't give it any attention at all and definitely wouldn't have been able to see what the tablets etc actually were without taking the boxes out. I didn't really want to tell her to look at them but I was aware that she didn't.

I had managed to get a letter from my Doctor as further evidence as well as an up-to-date prescription list and when I offered this to the assessor she said "I don't want to see anything that hasn't already been sent to DWP" very abruptly. As it hadn't already been sent she said she would photocopy it and send it to DWP.

Strangely, at the end when she was explaining the 'what happens next' bit she told me that if she recommends that I don't get an award, the decision maker may have further information that she hasn't seen and still give an award. I know what this means, but what a strange way to put it. She made no mention of recommending that I do get an award. I'm worried that by saying that to me then she's basically told me that she will recommend I don't get an award.

Afterwards the reception rang us a taxi and we waited in the waiting room and after about five minutes the assessor called in her next appointment. So I'm worried that everything was rushed and she hasn't even taken any time to write an accurate report.

So now I'm basically filled with doubt and my current award will end soon. Can anybody just tell me does the above sound at all like I should expect good news because I'm catastrophising at the moment: thinking i'll end up in debt and homeless. The process has really got to me.

I know that we can't know for sure but gawd does it feel good to get that out.

Hi spud

I recently had my review and I guess really you just can’t predict the outcome
    I thought mine went terrible and the female assessor I thought had a bad attitude towards me, but my award was increased,
    I would say ring pip ask for a copy of the assessors report, when I recieved and read mine it put me at a little more ease, as it was a very accurate and fair report
    The points she awarded me is what the decision maker agreed with An my award was increased,

But even if it hasn’t gone well ask for advice on here for a mandatory reconsideration and appeal the decision

But get the assessor report ASAP will give you an idea of how she scored you