Thread: Advertising for a driver?

Advertising for a driver?

First post here, I hope I'm posting in the correct section.

Can anyone advise how and where to advertise for a private independent driver?

We are finding local cab firms terribly expensive and frighteningly unreliable.
    Neither of us can drive. We've been left stranded in town centres too many times by
    cabs that don't turn up. Even once is too much, with dangerous characters hanging about
    and asking for money.

Ideally we'd be looking for a mature person with their own car who would do regular journeys
    for us locally.

Sorry we don't want to use the council services or charity services, we'd be looking to employ
    someone privately.

We just don't know where to advertise, online employment sites I've looked at seem to be for
    firms and charge through the roof for a single advert.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

My preferred option would be to find a relative or friend who would oblige for a nominal amount for each journey. If you employ someone as such then there are insurance implications

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    My preferred option would be to find a relative or friend who would oblige for a nominal amount for each journey. If you employ someone as such then there are insurance implications
    Many complexities. You might technically employ them and have to offer a workplace pension and have liability insurance etc.

No, they'd be classed as self employed, we've discussed all that. We did this before many moons ago,
    he dealt with his own tax too but we weren't the only customers. We ourselves wouldn't be paying out
    so much annually that they breach the tax-free earnings threshold.

I'm asking where could I advertise, any sites or papers anyone knows of?

The cab firms won't help, they just want to squeeze us for the most profit and I'm sick to death of their bad behaviour, crashing into
    things, running red lights, taking detours to overcharge etc. That's what it's like round here. I'd rather not end up wrapped around a tree,
    bad drivers are the cause of our disabilities in the first place. Road smash ups.

Better close this thread, if anyone can answer my actual question, please let me know.