Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Motability Pricing

  1. #1

    Motability Pricing

    We are due to change our car later this year so i thought i would check on what is available now and the AP prices. I can hardly believe what i am seeing in some cases. We currently have a Zafira Elite 2.0 Diesel Auto. The AP was £750 in 2015. Today... £3750 for a direct replacement! This is for an ageing model that is Vauxhalls slowest selling vehicle. Another notable change has been the huge increase in AP for anything automatic, usually adding £1000 on to a manual version. This has rather come as a shock. Unfortunatly, like many no doubt, an automatic is essential. Thankfully a Zafira is not! In terms of value for money in the SUV/MPV market it appears the new VW Tiguan is a good deal.

    What does anyone else think?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ironica View Post
    We are due to change our car later this year so i thought i would check on what is available now and the AP prices. I can hardly believe what i am seeing in some cases. We currently have a Zafira Elite 2.0 Diesel Auto. The AP was £750 in 2015. Today... £3750 for a direct replacement! This is for an ageing model that is Vauxhalls slowest selling vehicle. Another notable change has been the huge increase in AP for anything automatic, usually adding £1000 on to a manual version. This has rather come as a shock. Unfortunatly, like many no doubt, an automatic is essential. Thankfully a Zafira is not! In terms of value for money in the SUV/MPV market it appears the new VW Tiguan is a good deal.

    What does anyone else think?
    You make a valid point and one which has also been echoed in other threads. As you have pointed out the Tiguan represents "better" value as do cars such as the BMW X1. I would go as far and say that BMW/VW have decided they would like to do business with Motability whereas most other manufacturers are giving the impression they do not. Really good deals are hard to come by.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    383
    Sadly I'm not surprised if you need a large ish mpv vehicle on motability prices haven't really changed that much in 10 years but the price for the zaifra which has very poor residual value after 3 years is stupid.
    Sadly bmw x1 boots are too small for me and if you need electric seats an expensive option
    Glad I left the scheme 4 years ago

  4. #4
    I was amazed to see the newest BMW grab tourer with AP between 300-1k, when I wondered where the grand scenic had gone, I looked again in reverse order.

    2k.

    2 THOUSAND AP for a grand scenic.

    Sure, they look nice, I’d much rather have the BMW than a Renault for twice as much.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by RobcarerT View Post
    I was amazed to see the newest BMW grab tourer with AP between 300-1k, when I wondered where the grand scenic had gone, I looked again in reverse order.

    2k.

    2 THOUSAND AP for a grand scenic.

    Sure, they look nice, I’d much rather have the BMW than a Renault for twice as much.
    BMW is a sensational car and far better performance and far better to drive,

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    devon
    Posts
    91
    Our car is due to be replaced early May so have started looking around the showrooms. Visited the BMW one last week and again on Saturday. Need car large enough to take sons trolly, hoping to have hoist fitted. The gran tourer luxury has £1699 deposit. It suits most of our needs and i thought a good price. I too am disabled, not very strong and quite short and the automatic tailgate is something i couldnt afford three years ago.
    Its very much high on our list at the moment.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by anniea View Post
    Our car is due to be replaced early May so have started looking around the showrooms. Visited the BMW one last week and again on Saturday. Need car large enough to take sons trolly, hoping to have hoist fitted. The gran tourer luxury has £1699 deposit. It suits most of our needs and i thought a good price. I too am disabled, not very strong and quite short and the automatic tailgate is something i couldnt afford three years ago.
    Its very much high on our list at the moment.
    I am torn between the X1, possibly 2 series and Tiguan. To get the performance of the BMW in the VW I would have to go for the diesel 190ps SEL which has an AP of £2749, although discounts from some VW dealers are available.The petrol is too thirsty. The Tiguan offers adaptive cruise, sunroof front parking sensors and lumbar whilst the BMW auto tailgate and tyre pressure monitor but is £1000 cheaper than the VW once a couple of essential options are added. I am yet to test drive but all the reports, and indeed posts on here and other forums, say the BMW is by far the better and more engaging drive and should return 46mpg against the 40 for the Tiguan. So The X1 is the favourite. I have and like adaptive cruise and whilst the extra spec of the VW is appealing, the way the car drives and handles is more important, as is the cost. Good luck with your search.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    devon
    Posts
    91
    Will keep you posted Fwipperie. BMW salesman didn't think there would be much room in the X1 so that's why the tourer was suggested but he has taken measurements and will get back to me after he has spoken to the hoist fitter. I must say the sales team were very helpful, couldn't do enough for us. Obviously I know they are after a sale but after visiting 5 showrooms these were by far the most helpful and accommodating. Due to my own disability I am unable to take scooter apart and lift in so def need a hoist. Has anyone got the X1 with hoist fitted?
    Thank you.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by anniea View Post
    Will keep you posted Fwipperie. BMW salesman didn't think there would be much room in the X1 so that's why the tourer was suggested but he has taken measurements and will get back to me after he has spoken to the hoist fitter. I must say the sales team were very helpful, couldn't do enough for us. Obviously I know they are after a sale but after visiting 5 showrooms these were by far the most helpful and accommodating. Due to my own disability I am unable to take scooter apart and lift in so def need a hoist. Has anyone got the X1 with hoist fitted?
    Thank you.
    I have found all dealers helpful, from Mercedes, Mini, Peugeot, SEAT, Skoda, Ford, Vauxhall and particularly BMW. I have never found an unhelpful one.

Similar Threads

  1. 2018 pricing indication
    By fwipperie in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-13-2017, 02:59 PM
  2. quarter 4 pricing
    By fwipperie in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-30-2017, 05:18 PM
  3. Excitement buildss as q2 pricing due
    By fwipperie in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-31-2016, 03:48 PM
  4. quarter 4 pricing
    By fwipperie in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-26-2015, 02:51 PM
  5. Q4 Pricing
    By jeremyw78 in forum Motoring - help & advice on cars for disabled people, Blue Badge and Motability
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-01-2012, 04:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •