Thread: When Does UC Migration Start for ESA Benefits?

When Does UC Migration Start for ESA Benefits?

Just over 2 years ago in Dec I won my ESA Tribunal and was put in Support Group for 2 years. So I am due a reassessment any time now. Does that mean I will be migrated into UC or stay on ESA?

Last Oct I migrated from DLA to PIP and was awarded both Standard Rates in Daily Living and Mobility and claim SDP.

Quote Originally Posted by abcd69 View Post
    Just over 2 years ago in Dec I won my ESA Tribunal and was put in Support Group for 2 years. So I am due a reassessment any time now. Does that mean I will be migrated into UC or stay on ESA?

Last Oct I migrated from DLA to PIP and was awarded both Standard Rates in Daily Living and Mobility and claim SDP.
    They i believe intend on migrating everyone by sometime in 2019, but a reassessment would by itself not trigger a change in circumstances

The 'Managed Migration' from ESA to UC is due to start sometime after 30 June 2019. (Don't hold your breath, they still have to to delay it again).
    They reckon it will take three years to transfer everybody. (Going on past experience with the transfers from IB to ESA I'd say that's optimistic).

'Natural Migration' from ESA to UC can happen now, BUT this will only happen if you have to make a new claim for UC for some other reason.
    eg. If you have to make a new claim for UC Housing Element (Housing Benefit) in a Full Service UC area.

Unless you move house (or have a first child) then you don't really need to worry about migration to UC for a year or two.
    Last edited by nukecad; 17-01-18 at 15:48.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

ok thanks thats good news. Just a waiting game for the esa50 to come then.