Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PIP Mobility Award

Although it is true that the whole award may be looked at again this should not deter you from reporting a change of circumstances and asking for your PIP to be reassessed.

The key is to have good evidence which refers to both the daily living and mobility parts of PIP.

Please don't be put off by this particularly as it sounds as if you will have good medical evidence and a diagnosis of your condition.

Quote Originally Posted by pmlindyloo View Post
    Although it is true that the whole award may be looked at again this should not deter you from reporting a change of circumstances and asking for your PIP to be reassessed.

The key is to have good evidence which refers to both the daily living and mobility parts of PIP.

Please don't be put off by this particularly as it sounds as if you will have good medical evidence and a diagnosis of your condition.
    Ok thanks. The "stress" that this will again involve really doesn't help the situation, ESPECIALLY as most of the horror-stories around re-assessment seem to revolve around the Appeal process.... :/

Having sat here for a while thinking this through, other than the original letters from my Neurologist, GP, Parkinsons Nurse and various other practitioners, I don't really have anything recent in the way of paper-based evidence. An updated assessment from my nurse and GP maybe, but neither my wife or I remember any of the original letters being returned to us after the original award :/

Being an extremely degenerative illness, everybody is there if you need them, and leave you alone if you don't.
    There will never be any improvement, it will only ever get worse, as it indeed has. I can see this is going to cause more illness than relief

Watch this space...

This is the DWP. I don’t think they know what degenerative means.

I’ve even read a report of a guy who had no legs being told he could one day be able to walk unaided again...

Quote Originally Posted by RobcarerT View Post
    This is the DWP. I don’t think they know what degenerative means.

I’ve even read a report of a guy who had no legs being told he could one day be able to walk unaided again...
    It really gives you faith in the welfare system doesn't it... *cough cough*