Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could SEAT come off Motability?

Could SEAT come off Motability?

SEAT are struggling to meet Motability's 12 week build on the remaining models they have left on the scheme which might result in them being withdrawn.

Will be a shame, I have a Seat Leon st on order and should have it next month, which will be around 14/15 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mags4 View Post
    Will be a shame, I have a Seat Leon st on order and should have it next month, which will be around 14/15 weeks.
    I imagine all current orders will be honoured but I believe Motability have said 13+ week builds are unacceptable.

I see Seat lead times have come down to 10-12 weeks from this week, engines can still add on though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mags4 View Post
    I see Seat lead times have come down to 10-12 weeks from this week, engines can still add on though.
    This shows the importance of motability to manufacturers, I hear the Ateca may be coming back on.

Ive never heard of Motability having a 12 week build schedule... I know they give you 12 weeks to order your new car, however if it takes more than 12 weeks then they extend your current lease until your new car is ready.

My VW Touran had an estimate of 16 weeks but actually took just over 19 weeks!!

I doubt that SEAT would disappear from the scheme, they underestimated how popular their new ATECA and ARONA crossovers would be hence the delivery delays, I can see things improving.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

HI Paul

I got a 1.4 petrol Touran last year. How are you finding it? Its a bit heavy on fuel being a petrol. I can get 45mpg sometimes on a longer run, sometimes 35-36 other times. When I ordered last year, I was tempted to go for a diesel one, but was put off by dieselgate and the Adblue thing. The SEL spec is pretty good though. I got a reversing camera added as an extra, which is very handy.

My Car was delivered within 12 weeks. I got in last April. Ordered it in late Jan 17.

Hi mate,

It’s been a while since I properly frequented this forum.

You’re correct about the economy it’s awful.

If I drive behind a lorry on the motorway at 55mph (often getting overtaken by lighter lorries) then I can even get my mpg as high as 60mpg... that’s resetting whilst on the motorway, but my usual average when driving slowly on the motorway is 53mpg (calculated rather than trip computer).

In town then it’s as low as 18mpg to a high of 37mpg if I drive as efficiently as possible. If I put my foot down, because it’s rather fun then that drops to the low 20s.

I agree about the specifications, the stop-start works better than any other car I’ve had. I optioned the Winter Pack with heated seats and heated front screen.
    Just with that my AP was £2150!!

I changed my car early as the Octavia was just too low, and when driving more than 30 minutes it as very uncomfortable, however the mpg was only slightly better than this with worse driving dynamics.

This is a very swift car if you drop it into Sport mode, but I usually drive it in ECO.

Just to add: the trip computer OVER READS by 2mpg across any journey type. The economy I’ve stated above and in my signature is the true economy.

Cheers
    Paul
    Last edited by Paul; 05-09-2018 at 08:01 PM.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Hi everyone, not been on for a long time, but i went to have a look at the seat leon FR today as my car is due for changing in November this year .
    the car sales man said they there are customers who ordered cars the first week of january, and the cars still havent been built yet, i was a little disappointed even though i know my lease would be extended to cover it but six months.

iam now looking at other cars on the scheme that fit my needs.
    back to square one lol

When members refer to "Build Times", are they referring to cars having specific adaptations for them?
    My application for the mobility component of PIP is looking promising, so am wondering what the actual DELIVERY time is on the Seat (Leon ST FR if still available when I hopefully order one)
    I require no apparent adaptations to the vehicle, so would this be considered "As it comes" with the dealer, thus speeding up delivery?
    TIA