Thread: dla appeal

dla appeal

hi, i have just written out my husbands dla appeal form, i think i've included all i should, but can anyone give advice to make sure i've included all i should. he was refused on a number off things which they say he can do but he can't. example cooking for himself, he can't bend, lift, carry, ect and no feeling in his hands, he can't bathe himself any advice would be grateful

It is very hard to say as it is very specific to him. You need to list all the problems he faces, all the help he needs, in detail. You have to say why he cannot do these things, not just what condition he has that prevents him, but the physical reasons he cannot. What happens if he attempts them, the dangers, etc. I have trouble preparing & cooking food because of many conditions, but if I try to prepare & cook food I can cut myself or burn myself. The reason being my hands shake, I am partially paralysed, I cannot grip, I cannot stand long, I am in a lot of pain. Now, you would think that would be enough, but I also need to detail why. You may wonder as you would think I have said why, but I need to give more detail than that.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by 1940sfan View Post
    hi, i have just written out my husbands dla appeal form, i think i've included all i should, but can anyone give advice to make sure i've included all i should. he was refused on a number off things which they say he can do but he can't. example cooking for himself, he can't bend, lift, carry, ect and no feeling in his hands, he can't bathe himself any advice would be grateful
    Try to find out they class thing as. For instance, when they ask if you can cook a meal they are refering to a roast meal, but they do not tell you that. You might think yes, I can do beans on toast so I can cook, but what they should ask is can you cook a roast meal. Have you got your Doctors support? I'm sure you have, but it does help if your Dr can give a report for the Appeal papers.

thank you, we have is practice doctors support and is neuro surgeon's who is brilliant, posted it now so fingers crossed. thank you again for your replies.

I hope it all goes well & often it does, not everyone gets turned down. However, if he does or you feel he should be on higher rates, you can appeal. Then, do get help. When appealing they will send you all related details of the claim, which show why he was turned down, so you can use this to fight the appeal. I hope this does not happen, & do let us know how it goes.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepheninleeds View Post
    I hope it all goes well & often it does, not everyone gets turned down. However, if he does or you feel he should be on higher rates, you can appeal. Then, do get help. When appealing they will send you all related details of the claim, which show why he was turned down, so you can use this to fight the appeal. I hope this does not happen, & do let us know how it goes.
    steve it is an appeal so they cant appeal if she thinks he should be on a higher award only on a point of law to UT

also not sure if I would use the word often ;-) to describe wins at appeal as the stats show its about 49% win rate might as well ask if you can not bother with paperwork and pick one of the three judges to toss a coin heads you win tails you lose

Quote Originally Posted by 1940sfan View Post
    thank you, we have is practice doctors support and is neuro surgeon's who is brilliant, posted it now so fingers crossed. thank you again for your replies.
    Medical reports will help your appeal.

Oh poo! I knew that Dave, I just had a mental block, lol! Of course you are right. I knew that as I had posted earlier on it. Morning brain, lol!
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen