Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Website ruined??????

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Greater London
    Posts
    252

    Website ruined??????

    It's official! This morning I came to visit to find 37 new posts 25 of which were spam! People visit here in need of help or to help others in need. I can tell that some of our visitors are semiliterate, non technical, or struggle with english, how on earth can they access the help they need when our website is deluged with spam!

    When I first started to visit and before I became a registered user, I didn't find Spam posts and continued to find none long after registration, but when Youreable underwent a huge upgrade it left itself open and still continues to do so, whatever was removed needs to be put back and all the advertising that we are now exposed to should be removed.

    THEY KNOW WHAT THEY DID! And it's ruined a valuable resource.

    And before someone says it I know the issue is a lack of moderation. But please 25/37 is far too much!

  2. #2
    well this website dlf is part of shaw trust who are in collusion with dwp to deliver the new welfare to work programme, maybe thats what they want or have been told helping plebs is a no no.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    289
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Archersmate View Post
    It's official! This morning I came to visit to find 37 new posts 25 of which were spam! People visit here in need of help or to help others in need. I can tell that some of our visitors are semiliterate, non technical, or struggle with english, how on earth can they access the help they need when our website is deluged with spam!

    When I first started to visit and before I became a registered user, I didn't find Spam posts and continued to find none long after registration, but when Youreable underwent a huge upgrade it left itself open and still continues to do so, whatever was removed needs to be put back and all the advertising that we are now exposed to should be removed.

    THEY KNOW WHAT THEY DID! And it's ruined a valuable resource.

    And before someone says it I know the issue is a lack of moderation. But please 25/37 is far too much!
    22/25 for me as I’m on an iPad, it’s really annoying now!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Greater London
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelob View Post
    22/25 for me as I’m on an iPad, it’s really annoying now!
    I'm on iPad too, this morning 9 mew posts all spam!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Wootton N. Lincs
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by slipmaster View Post
    well this website dlf is part of shaw trust who are in collusion with dwp to deliver the new welfare to work programme, maybe thats what they want or have been told helping plebs is a no no.
    Cynical, but probably perfectly accurate supposition.

  6. #6
    To be fair to DLF, they do normally come on each weekday morning and clear the rubbish.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    1,392
    there is a huge increase in spam since the so called upgrade tho. Putting me off big time. Got to say, you may lose your most valuable asset - the long time members if the problem is not fixed.....BTW, I don't SEE the ads thanks to adblocker but STILL get spam!!

  8. #8
    If it's benefits advice you're after this may be the ideal Site :

    https://community.scope.org.uk/?_ga=...353.1519219758

    No spam whatsoever.

  9. #9
    Every new post since 9.00pm last night is spam. There are less and less members posting on here and I don't blame them

  10. #10
    Senior Member TheFlyingKidney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    323
    Just logged on with Chrome after a couple of months. Site won't even load on Safari..

Similar Threads

  1. Which is your favourite website and why.
    By Lighttouch in forum News and general discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2017, 04:06 PM
  2. New website launching soon
    By wheelz14 in forum Surveys, research requests and TV programmes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-26-2015, 06:33 PM
  3. DWP just ruined my Christmas
    By noisynoodle in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-24-2014, 09:29 PM
  4. Ruined holiday Thomson Mexico disabled
    By Kaylieanne88 in forum Travel - help & advice on holidays and accessible travel for disabled people
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-08-2014, 03:10 PM
  5. a useful website
    By freedomeagle in forum News and general discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-23-2013, 12:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •