Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Website ruined??????

Website ruined??????

It's official! This morning I came to visit to find 37 new posts 25 of which were spam! People visit here in need of help or to help others in need. I can tell that some of our visitors are semiliterate, non technical, or struggle with english, how on earth can they access the help they need when our website is deluged with spam!

When I first started to visit and before I became a registered user, I didn't find Spam posts and continued to find none long after registration, but when Youreable underwent a huge upgrade it left itself open and still continues to do so, whatever was removed needs to be put back and all the advertising that we are now exposed to should be removed.

THEY KNOW WHAT THEY DID! And it's ruined a valuable resource.

And before someone says it I know the issue is a lack of moderation. But please 25/37 is far too much!

well this website dlf is part of shaw trust who are in collusion with dwp to deliver the new welfare to work programme, maybe thats what they want or have been told helping plebs is a no no.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Archersmate View Post
    It's official! This morning I came to visit to find 37 new posts 25 of which were spam! People visit here in need of help or to help others in need. I can tell that some of our visitors are semiliterate, non technical, or struggle with english, how on earth can they access the help they need when our website is deluged with spam!

When I first started to visit and before I became a registered user, I didn't find Spam posts and continued to find none long after registration, but when Youreable underwent a huge upgrade it left itself open and still continues to do so, whatever was removed needs to be put back and all the advertising that we are now exposed to should be removed.

THEY KNOW WHAT THEY DID! And it's ruined a valuable resource.

And before someone says it I know the issue is a lack of moderation. But please 25/37 is far too much!
    22/25 for me as I’m on an iPad, it’s really annoying now!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelob View Post
    22/25 for me as I’m on an iPad, it’s really annoying now!
    I'm on iPad too, this morning 9 mew posts all spam!

Quote Originally Posted by slipmaster View Post
    well this website dlf is part of shaw trust who are in collusion with dwp to deliver the new welfare to work programme, maybe thats what they want or have been told helping plebs is a no no.
    Cynical, but probably perfectly accurate supposition.

To be fair to DLF, they do normally come on each weekday morning and clear the rubbish.

there is a huge increase in spam since the so called upgrade tho. Putting me off big time. Got to say, you may lose your most valuable asset - the long time members if the problem is not fixed.....BTW, I don't SEE the ads thanks to adblocker but STILL get spam!!

If it's benefits advice you're after this may be the ideal Site :

https://community.scope.org.uk/?_ga=...353.1519219758

No spam whatsoever.

Every new post since 9.00pm last night is spam. There are less and less members posting on here and I don't blame them

Just logged on with Chrome after a couple of months. Site won't even load on Safari..