Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Website ruined??????

I've just come on to post about looming bad weather - couldn't believe the rubbish that's filled up the first page!
    Sea Queen

Blog Entries
    Out of 22 posts this was the only one that wasn’t spam, come on now!

Quote Originally Posted by sea queen View Post
    ... couldn't believe the rubbish that's filled up the first page!

Very true SQ.
    This forum's on its way out, I reckon.
    I rarely look in now for the same reason. It's clearly too easy to register.

As Number7 suggested, try.. https://community.scope.org.uk/?_ga=...353.1519219758

We are still working on the upgrade. Parts of the forum need to be updated incrementally and this includes the spam filters. This process is taking a while, we need to get this right.

While this work is going on it does mean that some spammers are getting through and posting; we are doing all we can to remove these posts as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience while this work is being carried out.

From the DLF team
    Last edited by dlfteam; 02-26-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dlfteam View Post
    We are still working on the upgrade. Parts of the forum need to be updated incrementally and this includes the spam filters. This process is taking a while, we need to get this right.

While this work is going on it does mean that some spammers are getting through and posting; we are doing all we can to remove these posts as quickly as possible.

We appreciate your patience while this work is being carried out.

From the DLF team
    Slightly optimistic view of the issue: "Some" spammers are getting through? You fail to mention that they bring their whole families and are engaged in a feeding frenzy at our expense, and our patience that you appreciate is quickly being exhausted.
    I know of no other forum or blog that has these issues, certainly not to this extent. There is something fundementally wrong and I don`t think incremental changes are going to address what is required.

Well that didn't last long!!!

Logged on yesterday and well I never, 7 new posts none spam! However tonight 37 new spam posts greeted me! Back to back spam!

I'm off to do a jigsaw I need to calm down now!

The new registrations have been switched on again, there are 2 new spammers who have registered this morning already.

Can l ask who they are, so that l can avoid them.

I can't remember who they were. Avoid the spam posts by looking carefully at the title, most start with www. , others are in a foreign language. You do learn to spot the spam posts in time. I never click on them although looking at the number of views many do.
    A third spammer has not long since registered - Emiletubbs
    And a fourth one today - ftyrtyrtu
    Last edited by beau; 03-12-2018 at 02:12 PM.

Yes, still more today. I use several other forums running on vBulletin 4.2.5 and none of them have any problem with spamming like this.

DLF should take a look at https://stopforumspam.com/ this should stop most of it.