Thread: RAC and Motability.

RAC and Motability.

This thread from a couple of years ago discussed the difficulty of obtaining RAC cover for trailers being towed my Motability cars. I've had extension cover until now, but I have just had a letter from the RAC stating that they will not be offering this package in future.

I just wondered if anyone else who tows a caravan (or any other kind of trailer) had found a different solution to this problem.

I used to design trailers for a national company back in the 1990's.

Not exactly what you are looking for but may be of use to trailer owners:

We used to arrange security tagging and cover through these guys, they tend to speciaise in trailer insurance for business but they do private individuals as well.
    Boat trailer and motorbike/quadbike trailer customers often used to specify the tracking system and insurance with their new trailer.

As it's the trailer that they cover they are not too bothered about what is towing it, as long as it's legal.

I'm not sure if they still cover caravans now but it may be worth a call to ask.
    If you have any other kind of trailer then they will provide cover:
    http://datatagtrailer.co.uk/?AgentKey=MbrhUF3iZfE%3D

Datatag Trailer provide an exclusively tailored trailer insurance package that offers comprehensive insurance cover for all types of trailer. Cover can include, but is not limited to, box van trailers, flatbed trailers, transport trailers, tipping trailers or horse trailers. Our policy is so broad in coverage that we cater for almost any kind of trailer.
    They do still supply caravan tracking and identifcation systems, which usually reduces the cost of cover with any other policy:
    https://datatag.co.uk/caravan.php
    Last edited by nukecad; 02-21-2018 at 12:36 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

We tow a caravan we are members of the Caravan Club and use Mayday which is part of Greenflag. Non members can use Greenflag.

(With apologies for resurrecting an old thread) I rang the RAC this morning and they told me that they are re-introducing the Caravan Extension Policy that they discontinued last year. Annual cost will be £65 UK only or £90 UK and EC. Definitely better value than having to get a complete new policy which would include redundant car cover.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded99 View Post
    (With apologies for resurrecting an old thread) I rang the RAC this morning and they told me that they are re-introducing the Caravan Extension Policy that they discontinued last year. Annual cost will be £65 UK only or £90 UK and EC. Definitely better value than having to get a complete new policy which would include redundant car cover.
    Mobility contacted them on my behalf last August, the RAC contacted me and added the Arrivals for £40 plus they gave me an extra month until September, glad they have now sorted it out £65.00 is very fair.
    I have suffered a Traumatic Subachnoid Brain Haemorrhage several years ago, I do struggle to understand quite simple as well as long postings and can be appear to be quite blunt or rude in my post it is not intentional, it is very difficult to find the right word to explain, it is just part of my condition, please except my apologise in advance, due to my injury I am also very sensitive.