Thread: Under 25s to lose Housing Benefit?

Under 25s to lose Housing Benefit?

Has David Cameron gone completely insane now? How can he even think this, let alone voice it publically? The consequences of such a plan would be shocking. I will not fall for the trap he wants us to, what he is implying, that most young are scoungers. He may not use that word but he is very clearly implying it. How many people will this affect? Throwing people out of their homes in affect, that will be the result. Yes, there are a lot of young who are unemployed & some who are lazy or scroungers, but far from all. Not everyone who is out of work is lazy, not everyone is a low paid job is, well what? If they are working does that not show something? He said it, he actually said it: "It encourages people not to work and have children, but we should help people to work and have children," WTF? Go after the lazy & cheaters, not the genuine.

What about the disabled young? Will they be exempt, are they lazy too, are they going to be thrown out onto the streets?

He is also suggesting changes to JSA. I am not sure what these are but I understand JSA is very hard to claim as it is, especially for the young.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18567855
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Old enough to vote, drink in a pub, drive HGV, die for your country, but can't have housing benefit, God help us

Yes, & as the day goes on it seems to be turning into an election campaign to hit them hard, to try to win back the Tory voters.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

while the Telegraph and the Guardian are lapping this atrocity as per usual for once the mirror has gone in defence of the poor of this country hitting at the greed of the rich and tax avoiders.

this guy if you can even class him as one has announced plans to cut benefits to under 25's, cut child benefit, time limit JSA and even is about to break his promise to the old people of this country, way to go for those who voted in this atrocity of a party.

at a time of announcing this farce he has chucked another 110 billion at the pocket of the banks and the pay rise of these people has gone in to double digits.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/news...as-rich-929675

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/95b6dc74-b...#axzz1ykXUmijj

He is doing it because he knows it is popular with Tory & former Tory voters. He wants to get rid of the LibDems as the next election. The sad thing is that cutting benefits wins the Tories an election. People really do not see the situation as it is. He needs to be careful with pensioners though. Maggie made that mistake over Poll Tax, & even the Tories realised how dangerous that was, & why they stabbed her in the back.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen