Thread: Travel with a carer

Travel with a carer

Ho there you seasoned travellers! Anyone got experience of travelling with a carer abroad and any agency/charity that would be usefull. Feel free to give helpful details

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    Ho there you seasoned travellers! Anyone got experience of travelling with a carer abroad and any agency/charity that would be usefull. Feel free to give helpful details
    I once went on holiday with my girlfriend who had MS and was a manual wheelchair user. But we took her carer on holiday too. I paid for the carers room including single supplement plus flight!

It worked out very well as we went with a company called Accessible Travel to Tenerife. They picked us up and returned us to the airport in a wheelchair accessible vehicle. The same vehicle took us on day trips too.

If you don't want the expense of taking a carer but want support try Limitless travel as carers are included on the trip. http://www.limitlesstravel.org/tours...and-sun#carers

Interesting, although the tours sound a bit too long for me. EIGHT hours and two toilet breaks? In a hot climate where you are chugging back the water. You have got to be kidding me? In which case we'de be paying for 2 tours we couldn't possibly manage. I'll bookmark them anyway. Cheers LT

I solved the problem by going to stay in Turkey in a hotel owned by people I know after years of visiting. The wife is a trained nurse so she helps me. I get assistance at the airports and am met at the other end by the people I am staying with. Solves many problems and allows me to spend time in a warm enviroment

I havent made contact yet, but seem to have found a good website http://www.altogethertravel.co.uk/
    they have "travel companions", which give as much help as you need - or not.

hello reddivine,
    you are given best website for us but is't any discount for travel?

This is an OLD thread from last year. The advice still stands. Altogether travel are the best I found and no, there is no discount. you are in effect paying for the care AND the carers, flight, hotel. It WAS expensive, but we needed the assistance.