Thread: Travel with a carer

Travel with a carer

Ho there you seasoned travellers! Anyone got experience of travelling with a carer abroad and any agency/charity that would be usefull. Feel free to give helpful details

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    Ho there you seasoned travellers! Anyone got experience of travelling with a carer abroad and any agency/charity that would be usefull. Feel free to give helpful details
    I once went on holiday with my girlfriend who had MS and was a manual wheelchair user. But we took her carer on holiday too. I paid for the carers room including single supplement plus flight!

It worked out very well as we went with a company called Accessible Travel to Tenerife. They picked us up and returned us to the airport in a wheelchair accessible vehicle. The same vehicle took us on day trips too.

If you don't want the expense of taking a carer but want support try Limitless travel as carers are included on the trip. http://www.limitlesstravel.org/tours...and-sun#carers

Interesting, although the tours sound a bit too long for me. EIGHT hours and two toilet breaks? In a hot climate where you are chugging back the water. You have got to be kidding me? In which case we'de be paying for 2 tours we couldn't possibly manage. I'll bookmark them anyway. Cheers LT

I solved the problem by going to stay in Turkey in a hotel owned by people I know after years of visiting. The wife is a trained nurse so she helps me. I get assistance at the airports and am met at the other end by the people I am staying with. Solves many problems and allows me to spend time in a warm enviroment

I havent made contact yet, but seem to have found a good website http://www.altogethertravel.co.uk/
    they have "travel companions", which give as much help as you need - or not.