Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SDP - interesting!

SDP - interesting!

So, I was sent a form seeing if I'm entitled to SDP.

I live in my mums house and we are both on PIP. We explained this.

I got a phone call to say I am entitled to it - and it'll be back dated to Between October 2015 and April 2016 and then another period of January 2017 until now.

They have said it's an admin error that I hadn't received it before.

Haven't quite worked it out yet but I would have been happy with them giving it me from now onwards!!!

So.

Update on this saga!!!!

After being told I am entitled to it and they were calculating my back pay...

They have lost the form. So I did it again. And guess what?

Yep.

THEY LOST THE FORMS AGAIN.

So now I have to start again. After their mess up? And losing my data, for the 3rd time in 3 years....

Always keep copies !
    Call me Mike.

It was done electronically over the phone! No idea how they can lose them that way.

They admitted that they lost the form in January. So, their staff have been lying to me since then by telling me it had been processed and they were calculating back pay.

I now have to wait 6-8 weeks for the back pay. 96 weeks worth...

An honours degree in incompetence is a number one qualification required for working in most government departments these days including the DWP.

Clearly

They even said that I would have my backpay now if they hadn't lost it we gave them the dates I have been eligible and they said that will speed the process up as it tallies with the dates they have on the system. Still 6-8 weeks wait, though.

As both of you are on daily living of pip then yes is possible to be entitled to it. But it says living with partner not a parent.
    https://www.gov.uk/disability-premiu...rt/eligibility

Several people at the DWP have confirmed that I am entitled to it..

Quote Originally Posted by abcd69 View Post
    As both of you are on daily living of pip then yes is possible to be entitled to it. But it says living with partner not a parent.
    What other criteria should be met to be eligible for SDP if living with a parent?

Under the SDP part on that link there is no mention of living alone but being treated as living alone if you live with someone that is on a qualifying benefit, but other benefit help websites do?

I am wondering if something has changed on the gov website or has it always read like that.

It is reassuring that flowerangelx has been told they are eligible for it but I am now slightly worrying I have sent in an ESA3/IS10 for nothing because I live with a parent who receives PIP and I thought I would be eligible for the SDP because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan View Post
    What other criteria should be met to be eligible for SDP if living with a parent?

Under the SDP part on that link there is no mention of living alone but being treated as living alone if you live with someone that is on a qualifying benefit, but other benefit help websites do?

I am wondering if something has changed on the gov website or has it always read like that.

It is reassuring that flowerangelx has been told they are eligible for it but I am now slightly worrying I have sent in an ESA3/IS10 for nothing because I live with a parent who receives PIP and I thought I would be eligible for the SDP because of that.
    The government website is 'rubbish' as regards disability premiums.

To reassure you read the Decision Maker's Guide on this

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...02/dmgch44.pdf

You need 44113 about the criteria for the SDP and
    44139 to show your parent is not a non dependent if they receive a qualifying benefit.
    I try my best