Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PIP HOme Assesment

PIP HOme Assesment

Hi there

I got a letter today informing me that I will receive a home visit middle of next week, do they not have to give me more notice thaan this ?

Also reading some of the horror stories of their reporting/lying etc can I record the assesment ?

Thanks for any replies

Quote Originally Posted by lexi View Post
    Hi there

I got a letter today informing me that I will receive a home visit middle of next week, do they not have to give me more notice thaan this ?

Also reading some of the horror stories of their reporting/lying etc can I record the assesment ?

Thanks for any replies
    You can change an appointment time once without any problem but I would think carefully about this. You do hear horror stories but only because people write about them. Many people have perfectly well conducted assessments and get a PIP award suitable for their needs.

However, if you wish to record the assessment then they need notice of this (to seek permission from the person who is doing the assessment). Their website says 3 working days.

Do you know that you have to provide the recording equipment yourself and it must be capable of recording two identical tapes?

Outlined here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...nt-process.pdf

page 31

Personally I do think it is a good idea to record assessments but it is difficult to get the equipment. It may also delay your assessment.

So, really it is your decision. If you can't get the recording equipment and you just want to get it over and done with then leave things as they are. If you definitely want to record it and the assessment is too soon to organise things then telephone them and ask them to cancel this one and then they will rearrange

Thanks for the reply.

I have 2 laptops and was going to have them both recording at the same time, after reading your above link I'm not sure I can do this, it does say you can use CD, laptops record the recording to cd so i'm not sure if this is acceptable.

It has to record direct to cd or cassette, with a laptop you have to record to a file first and then burn a cd, which is not acceptable, unfortunately.

From the guidance:

"For this reason, certain devices that are capable of
    editing, real-time streaming or video recording the session are
    not approved
    . Non-approved devices include (but are not limited
    to) PCs, tablets, smart phones, MP3 players, smart watches,

and devices that are not capable of providing a verifiable media
    copy that can be easily checked during the assessment.
    Acceptable formats for such recordings are restricted to CD and
    audio cassette only"

The criteria for unapproved devices above would include laptops.
    Last edited by noisynoodle; 02-24-2018 at 01:34 PM.

I'm looking on Amazon for a double cassette or dvd recorder but cant seem to find any, does anyone know of any on Amazon..thanx

You can use two single cassette recorders if you can't find a double

Oh that's great then :-) I'll buy 2.

Now here Is the other thing.... I got the letter today Monday telling me that My home visit Is on Wednesday.

They say that we have to give the 3 days notice that I will be recording the assesment ? So If I phone them Monday morning Is that enough notice for them ? As I only got the letter on Friday.

Thanx

Hard to say - if they stick rigidly to the 3 days then they'll refuse as ringing on Monday would only give 2 days notice, but you might be lucky.

They won't allow it because it was recorded without consent. If they find you've covertly recorded they can simply close your claim for non-compliance. The reason computer recordings aren't allowed is because you can edit them.

Why would I want to edit if it contains the truth plus I can't add her voice or change her voice.