Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New political party - for the disabled and supporters

New political party - for the disabled and supporters

Quite frankly I have had/seen/heard enough BS that is directed towards the disabled - So, I wish to start a political party. No, I don't know how to go about it - no, I don't have a background in politics. But I do know this can't go on any longer.

It costs £150 to start a party - there are thousands of us being persecuted by our government. I invite you - and anybody else who feels oppressed to join. When we have enough members, I will ask those who can to put £1.00 in, or whatever they can afford to get the party started.

We have 65 members so far (in 3 days) - so, I implore you, come and make a difference to your life, my life and everybody else who is being impacted upon by this.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1349035641867426/

Not to be a wet blanket, but to be a political party, you are going to need some policies. Its not enough to say, we don't agree with the ones that are there.

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    Not to be a wet blanket, but to be a political party, you are going to need some policies. Its not enough to say, we don't agree with the ones that are there.
    We do have some policies, if you are interested, visit our fb page :-)

it's staggering - 1 in 4 people have a disability and yet, we have no political party that represents us.

Are you trying to start a political party, or a disability pressure group?

PS. Having a closed FB group is not a good way to attract people, I for one hardly ever use faceache, - and I'm certainly not going to join any closed group just to see what they are about.

If you are serious then you should make your group open so that everyone can read it.
    They can then choose to join if they want to contribute.
    Last edited by nukecad; 03-04-2018 at 05:17 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Are you trying to start a political party, or a disability pressure group?

PS. Having a closed FB group is not a good way to attract people, I for one hardly ever use faceache, - and I'm certainly not going to join any closed group just to see what they are about.

If you are serious then you should make your group open so that everyone can read it.
    They can then choose to join if they want to contribute.
    We are in the very early stages of this project but given we are democratic, we allow each member to decide the fate of the group. IMO there are several pressure groups in existence, that is why I propose a party - but obviously, the level of support to achieve this is not going to happen overnight. We are using a facebook closed group at the moment to protect our members from the seemingly ever increasing unscrupulous tactics employed by the DWP (there is a growing concern that the DWP are actively trying to establish applicant's social media usage and then use this information to the applicant's detriment) Nevertheless, as soon as we have recruited our 150 founding members, we will have decided upon our name and thus start the process of establishing an independent website that will be publically available.

The Labour Party does support disabled people, it has its own Facebook site too
    https://www.facebook.com/DisabilityLabour/?fref=ts
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I presume that this is the same Labour Party that invented ESA and started the discussions that led to the Welfare Reform Act of 2012 and the replacement of DLA with PIP?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    In my way of thinking, it is great to be represented whatever form this takes; nevertheless a party that has disability at its very core isn't just representing us, it is us.

It is our voices, not an interpretation of our voice.

With 1 in 4 of us having a disability, I cannot, for the life of me, understand why we do not have our own party.

Together, we can be much more than a vote winning afterthought - we can safeguard our future and that of our peers.

Join us :-)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1349035641867426/
    Last edited by AbilityInAction; 03-05-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Soooooo the policies seem to exist of "we're against THIS", "THIS can't go on". We are for the "oppressed".

Would that be the oppressed because of disability, or does it include because of slavery, colour of skin, sexuality, economically? Hmm this whole lets have a party thing is a lot more complicated than it seems isn't it?

Taken from an article in the gauardian
    How do I start my own political party?

• 1 - Decide what it is you believe in. 2 - Find others who believe the same. 3 - Meet together and draw up a constitution for your party. Just as you would do with any other kind of minority interest club. Tim Edwards, Feltham England

So bring you back to the question 1. And as has been said, they ain't gonna find that out on a closed FB group.