Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Use of motablity cars....

Use of motablity cars....

Ok here goes and I hope this doesn't sound too daft.....
    An acquaintance has just got another car on the scheme. They have took the partner off the insurance and put a member of the family on instead.
    Now, the car is now not kept outside the acquaintance home anymore but that of the family members home which is roughly 1 mile away.
    It has been said that the family member and their partner have been using this car as their own for general use.
    This does not bode well with me as I always understood that people with motability cars had to be in the car when it was in use.
    Although the acquaintance say that its "all been cleared and above board with motability, it still doesn't seem right. I have a sneaky feeling that the blue badge is also being used when the acquaintance is not in the car .
    Can you please clear this up for me......

It does not bode well with me, contact mobility if they are doing nothing wrong no problem, in 2007 my mobility car was hit my an unauthorised/misused mobility car, they tried to drive off but changed their mind when my wife got out of the car and reverse back 100 + metres, apparently he was on his way to work as a truck driver.

People with Motability cars do NOT have to be in the car, as long as the useage of the car is for their benefit. Spouse going shopping, collecting prescriptions, collecting friends or family members. To many examples to list.
    and being kept by nominated driver a mile away is not an issue.
    Just read the Motability website instead of having "sneaky" feelings.
    As for the blue badge: Simple ... The person whose badge it is should keep it with themselves, not in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by stree View Post
    People with Motability cars do NOT have to be in the car, as long as the useage of the car is for their benefit. Spouse going shopping, collecting prescriptions, collecting friends or family members. To many examples to list.
    and being kept by nominated driver a mile away is not an issue.
    Just read the Motability website instead of having "sneaky" feelings.
    As for the blue badge: Simple ... The person whose badge it is should keep it with themselves, not in the car.
    I do not think Izzy is having " sneaky" feelings they were simply asking a question and some guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by izzy View Post
    Ok here goes and I hope this doesn't sound too daft.....
    An acquaintance has just got another car on the scheme. They have took the partner off the insurance and put a member of the family on instead.
    Now, the car is now not kept outside the acquaintance home anymore but that of the family members home which is roughly 1 mile away.
    It has been said that the family member and their partner have been using this car as their own for general use.
    This does not bode well with me as I always understood that people with motability cars had to be in the car when it was in use.
    Although the acquaintance say that its "all been cleared and above board with motability, it still doesn't seem right. I have a sneaky feeling that the blue badge is also being used when the acquaintance is not in the car .
    Can you please clear this up for me......
    I am unsure what you need clearing up, it seems they have given you a detailed description of what's going on in their lives, down to who is on the insurance and how it's being used.

You have no evidence it hasn't been cleared by motability, no evidence that they are using the blue badge when they are not in the car or that anything is amiss.

I don't understand your problem in all honesty. I would say it's not really any concern of yours at all, especially as they are a mere acquaintance of yours, what does it matter to you and what does it affect your life?

Oscarmax, you do not "think" Izzy is having sneaky feelings?????? Then please explain what is meant by this line that I paraphrase...... From Izzy.

""Although the acquaintance say that its "all been cleared and above board with motability, it still doesn't seem right. I have a sneaky feeling that the blue badge is also being used when ......""

birdwatcher... I agree with your view on this entirely, well put.

Because I it is not my position to criticize and talk down to Izzy they are merely asking some advice, I thought that was the point of the forum.

Dont change the subject when you are caught out, much simpler to admit and apologise and then it`s done.

Dont change the subject when you are caught out, much simpler to admit and apologise and then it`s done.
    You are acting like a child

Oscarmax, you do not "think" Izzy is having sneaky feelings?????? Then please explain what is meant by this line that I paraphrase...... From Izzy.

""Although the acquaintance say that its "all been cleared and above board with motability, it still doesn't seem right. I have a sneaky feeling that the blue badge is also being used when ......""

birdwatcher... I agree with your view on this entirely, well put.
    Thank you Stree, this kind of thing always bothers me, everybody thinks they have the right to question everybody else's business and stick their nose in when these people are going about their lives the best way they can.
    If this person is a mere acquaintance, they already know more then a lot of my relatives know about me, for reasons like this, I keep my business private, because someone always has a nose to poke in where it doesn't belong. I'd never think to ask these kinds of questions about insurance or blue badge usage, even to friends, let alone an acquaintance, because it's none of my business.