Thread: ESA Renewal

ESA Renewal

Mine has been due for renewal since Dec 17, last week I got an email from council saying no change in council tax benefit. This normally only happens with a change of benefit. Could my ESA been renewed without filling in an ESA50 form, and if it is possible will I be notified how long its for? I got standard rate PIP on both parts in Sept 17, so thinking they might have used that report to renew my ESA.

ESA is an open ended award which can be reviewed at any time. Many reviews are being defered
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

I think the letter about HB may just be the one they send out every year at about this time (March/April).

I wouldn't worry too much about not getting an ESA50 yet, as said they sometimes just defer the date.

I last had a WCA in 2013 and know for a fact that the due reassessment date was just extended on a couple of occasions without even telling me.
    I also know for a fact that they currently have large backlogs again (they've had my ESA50 for 5 months now and I'm still on the list for a F2F appointment).
    I got this in an email last week-
    Thank you for your email. I can advise that we received your completed ESA50 questionnaire and this has been reviewed by one of our Healthcare Professional who confirmed that a face to face assessment is required so that we can provide advice to the DWP.

As soon as an appointment has been arranged details will be sent in the post to you.

I am sorry for the delay in dealing with your case but we are experiencing a high number of referrals from the DWP at the moment.
    So it may well be that the DWP are also just extending some reassessment dates again.

You will keep being paid ESA.
    ESA is a benefit that does not have an end date, so it keeps being paid unless you are found fit-for-work following a face to face assessment (or you don't turn up for one, or commit some kind of benefit fraud).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

ok thanks for that, just another waiting game then really unless I ring up and ask, but dont want to do that in case it reminds them I need a reassessment. I had to go to a Tribunal to get ESA Support Group, from them giving me zero points transferring from IB.

No harm in ringing the DWP to ask.

The phone jockeys can't change the date, they can only read what is says on their screen. (If they can find the right screen that is )
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.