Thread: Weird phone call regarding PIP change of circumstances ?

Weird phone call regarding PIP change of circumstances ?

Just bee on the phone to PIP and reported that my condition has got worse. I was expecting them too say we will send you out a new claim form in the post ..., But they said take your supporting documents down to your local JC and get them photocopied over to us and we will have a look ) . I thought they send you a new claim form out and you send your documents in with that or am i missing something here ??

If you already have PIP then you don't need to make a new claim for a change of circumstances to be looked at.

They look at evidence of your new circumstances and decide from that if your award should be changed.
    This is known as a "supersession".

Your phone call has made the request for a supersession to be considered and so they now need to see your supporting evidence.
    It is the quickest to take it to the Jobcenter to be scanned/photocopied and sent that way.
    (Plus no problem of being lost in the post).

This CAB page explains it:
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be...-supersession/
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    If you already have PIP then you don't need to make a new claim for a change of circumstances to be looked at.

They look at evidence of your new circumstances and decide from that if your award should be changed.
    This is known as a "supersession".

Your phone call has made the request for a supersession to be considered and so they now need to see your supporting evidence.
    It is the quickest to take it to the Jobcenter to be scanned/photocopied and sent that way.
    (Plus no problem of being lost in the post).

This CAB page explains it:
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be...-supersession/
    Thanks your great help!