Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non competitive Fish insurance

Non competitive Fish insurance

My renewal premium is £530 with Fish Insurance but Go Compare comes in @ £350.

Tis a no brainer seeing as Fish wouldn't entertain a discount.

I had similar after being forced to leave Motability and was given sums nearer to the thousand mark from the company that Motability recommended whose name has been forgotten.

Short of it was I did the comparison thing and prices dropped to the “from £300 mark” but I never had any NCB, only the “Good Driver” letter from Motability but a quick phone call to my insurance company of choice to check they would except the good driver note and that I was a disabled driver and was told “yes the price from the comparison site is good and no problems what’s so ever”.

One other thing I did not like with Fish was the fact they would not give a quote there and then on line and required myself to leave a phone number.

Goes without saying they rang me the next day to see what they could do for me and I said “your too late because it was all done and dusted online within a minutes”.

Mustn’t be cynical but can’t help thinking there are those companies out there who will take advantage of disabled folk if you let them.

I have spoken with the CEO of Fish which is based in my home town of Preston, I can assure you that they don’t take advantage of disabled people. However they provide specific cover which the general insurance companies do not provide.
    It isn’t always the best thing to go with the cheapest, trying to deal with insurance companies after having a need to use them makes you appreciate a good one from another.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

I'd then look to see if the same company is listed using a cashback website.

I use Quidco and Topcashback.

e.g. if the cheapest company was Swinton.

If Swinton are listed on the cashback website you buy the insurance via the cashback website making the price even cheaper.

Also check the insurance companies that are not listed on GoCompare but are on the cashback website.

I accept Fish Insurance don't take advantage of us but they do take established customers for granted.
    Paul, might be a good idea to link the Fish CEO to this thread.

I would prefer staying with Fish because I dislike the hassle of changing Companies but a saving of £180 means I will move to Hastings Direct once I receive my NCB from Fish.

If I pay Hastings Direct £390 I end up with a superior policy to the one I have right now so I'll probably opt for the £390 policy.

There is an insurance rating for insurance companies rating from 1 star to 5 stars, we have always used Saga and found them to be very good, however the other day we had the renewal for the wife's Toyota Aygo which is a group 1 insurance group and £20.00 road tax.

We live out in the country every year it has slowly been creeping up about £10 per year, last year about £166, this year £266 + she only travel 1000 to 2000 a year, She is the main driver and I am the named driver. I put my details in Saga site using myself as the main driver and the wife as the named driver £124 +. I phone Saga and told them, they reduce it to £204, does it pay to be loyal ?

Every year I have questioned my insurance company and every year they have offer a reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscarmax View Post
    There is an insurance rating for insurance companies rating from 1 star to 5 stars, we have always used Saga and found them to be very good, however the other day we had the renewal for the wife's Toyota Aygo which is a group 1 insurance group and £20.00 road tax.

We live out in the country every year it has slowly been creeping up about £10 per year, last year about £166, this year £266 + she only travel 1000 to 2000 a year, She is the main driver and I am the named driver. I put my details in Saga site using myself as the main driver and the wife as the named driver £124 +. I phone Saga and told them, they reduce it to £204, does it pay to be loyal ?

Every year I have questioned my insurance company and every year they have offer a reduction.
    I dont think it ever pays to be loyal. I change my Broadband, mobile and car insurance every single year. Not because I want to but because I always get better deals by shopping elsewhere. A lot of people do not bother and that is why companies mostly gear their deals towards new customers as they are making so much out of the loyal ones.

I go trough Fish for my Car Insurance. They offer a more tailor made insurance for disabled people and you can add or delete cover to lower the premium. They aren't on comparison websites because they offer extra services in the premium ike home start and breakdown cover as standard.

They will also price match other quotes. I'm very happy with the service.

I agree that Fish used to price match but they wouldn't budge on price this year.

Just received my NCB from Fish but I'm a bit disappointed because it states I have 9 years NCB where in fact 14 years is what it should state.

Apparently, the Fish system only recognises up to 9 years whilst other Insurance Companies accept higher NCB's.

All in all Fish are a very good insurer but I've got to say goodbye to them because of their inability to move on price.