Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pip tribunal requesting medical records

Pip tribunal requesting medical records

My PIP appeal was heard on the papers earlier this week and they are sending me a GP consent form so they can access my records going back three years. Is this normal and what is the reasoning behind this?, I sent in basically everything that I could and not sure what else there actually is in those records that would help them.

It is not normal but also not unheard of if they feel that your records could assist.
    Anything expressed is my opinion only and is offered in good faith. It is either from my own experiance or what I have learned on my journey. Take it for what it is or leave it alone. With best wishes D.

Hard to believe it has been two years since I first applied and they still need more information. I realise that the Tribunal and the DWP are different bodies but I am not sure what else they could possibly want to see?
    Thanks

Think of it another way:

The tribunal want to see everything that will help them to make the right decision.
    The DWP couldn't be bothered to check.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Yeah there is that. I just feel a bit uneasy with the DWP having every single piece of my medical records. Especially as it may mention my part time job as a scaffolder Seriously though I am just uneasy about it all.

Is there anything I can do about this? I am just not easy with them having all of my medical records. They have requested all computer records, consultant letter etc from four months before I even claimed PIP. Just wondering if there is anything I can do without it looking really bad on me. I have nothing untoward to hide but im just fed up with the whole thing.

In April it would have been two years since I originally made a claim for PIP, I love the DWP I really do

You could refuse to give consent, but I think that would be seen very negatively and could affect the outcome of your appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by justme2017 View Post
    They have requested all computer records, consultant letter etc from four months before I even claimed PIP. Just wondering if there is anything I can do without it looking really bad on me. I have nothing untoward to hide but im just fed up with the whole thing.
    That does not sound unusual, you are supposed to have had a condition or injury for 3 months before claiming PIP due to it.

Remember that this is not the DWP who are requesting your records, it is the court.
    They want to see all relevant evidence to be sure they make the correct decision.
    If you deny them access to that evidence then not only will the court not be able to consider it, but they may also wonder why you refused, and whether you do have something to hide.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you both for the reply. I dont so much mind the Tribunal having them but I dont really want the DWP to have them. When they first sent a response to the tribunal I received everything for a Ms Thomas. They also sent me a copy of the form that only the tribunal are meant to see, telling them if there is any harmful information that I may not be aware of. Good job there was not. Oh well looks like I dont get any privacy any more.

Stop being awkward, if you having nothing to hide like you say, then you should not be bothered at all. I'd have no problem at all in them having all mine going back 40 years if it helps me win. They are not gonna laugh or judge if a report says you had the clap in the past 3 years, so stop worrying and let them get on with it. You should have went for a personal hearing not paper based, as they usually tell you there and then the result.