Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bidet Toilet Seat versus Close-O-Mat Toilet

Bidet Toilet Seat versus Close-O-Mat Toilet

Struggling more and more with the loo.
    Looking at the above 2 options. Has anyone had any experience with either of the above? If so, how well do either work?
    I don't really want to spend mega bucks on changing the whole toilet but also need to look to the future as I will only get worse.

Any advice and reports would be welcome.

Hi beau,
    Hubby has the clos-o-mat and it has worked great for him so far but could be improved upon. Gives a quick wash with nice lukewarm water (about 10 seconds), if you need a more thorough wash, press again you will get cold water (arrrgghh) if you don't let it heat back up first. Good dryer on it, although I don't find you are fully dried. One problem with it I find is that sometimes for anyone else using toilet paper and flushing it can take a few flushes before it disappears. I think this is because in line with EU there is less water used. Also is seems to be a narrower u bend. But, if you are struggling to wipe it is great. Any questions ask away.

Thank you, I am having to consider all options at the moment. Need to get something done before I am desperate for one.

If you are looking at all the available options, you may want to consider the Geberit Aquaclean. In my experience, whilst this is not the cheapest option, it is a far higher quality product than the Clos-o-mat and offers greater reliability for years to come.

Thank you, will investigate that one too, it is on the list.

Gerberit Aquaclean and Clos o mat are expensive. Look for the Bio Bidet. Does the same ( I think better having tried all 3) and is 1/4 the price. Japn and the far east have these everywhere in normal homes/hotels etc and many of the makes available are manufactured by the same companies in the far east. The extra cost is for sticking "Disabled Use" on as a label and that always puts the price up massively.
    We have the Bio Bidet 1000 remote control toilet which you can find online for just under £600..with a bit of careful searching you may even come across it for 1/2 that price..I did. Reasonably easy to fit and any plumber should do it for not a lot if you need help.
    We can really say it works for us with my wife being very disabled makes life a lot easier

Thanks for that, I am still looking for suggestions/recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by sbsj2 View Post
    Gerberit Aquaclean and Clos o mat are expensive. Look for the Bio Bidet. Does the same ( I think better having tried all 3) and is 1/4 the price. Japn and the far east have these everywhere in normal homes/hotels etc and many of the makes available are manufactured by the same companies in the far east. The extra cost is for sticking "Disabled Use" on as a label and that always puts the price up massively.
    We have the Bio Bidet 1000 remote control toilet which you can find online for just under £600..with a bit of careful searching you may even come across it for 1/2 that price..I did. Reasonably easy to fit and any plumber should do it for not a lot if you need help.
    We can really say it works for us with my wife being very disabled makes life a lot easier
    Am having a plumber out this week to look at the feasibility of fitting one in our downstairs loo. Suspect it will be the power that will be the problem. We can get the power from the garage which is the other side of the wall but we already have the garage door, the stairlift and extra sockets coming from that line. At least they will supply top fittings for the seat. Need to measure the loo too to see if one would fit as it is one of the continental style.
    If that isn't possible then will be looking at having one in my bathroom but I would have to go upstairs all the time which sometimes is not possible for me to get to quickly, the stairlift is so slow.

Decided on a Bio Bidet but can I get a plumber that will fit one, NO. We do have accessible power the other side of the wall in the garage.
    The only plumber that came out to look and to give us an estimate had never heard of the seats or even a close-o-mat toilet. On top of that I was embarrassed by hubby who tried to tell him his job and when I told hubby not to do it he stormed off. The plumber's face, well, not surprised I haven't heard any more from him.
    Have told hubby that if he knows so much about it then he could fit it. Not a chance in hell of him doing that. Meanwhile I am struggling more and more.

Actually found a plumber that will fit one. Downside is, we have had to have a new toilet because space is needed behind it and me being me chose one of the more expensive ones. Oh well, why do the things I always like cost the most.

Being fitted as we speak and can't wait to try it. Have gone for the remote control one as there seems to be less places that will trap dirt.
    Hope it is as good as it is made out to be.
    Thanks for the recommendation but I couldn't find it any cheaper than PDS, just over £500 with VAT relief.
    Last edited by beau; 09-07-18 at 09:30.