Thread: Forum Dying a Death

Forum Dying a Death

Very few new posts, all the spam is obviously putting members off.
    I think the whole point is to let the forum become unusable so DLF can close it down.

Super Moderator
    Dear Beau,

We are aware of the level of spam posts that are appearing on the forum and would like to stress to our forum members this is not being ignored - our web development team is continuing to work on the filters. As stated before this is not a straightforward process, but we can assure you we are working this.

In the meantime please be aware that any spam posts that appear on the forum are being manually removed by DLF’s moderators during normal office hours Monday–Friday 9-5pm.

It is most certainly not our intention to close this forum - once the developers have completed work on the filters, we will be moving onto the next phase of forum upgrades, this will include new functionality. Updates on this will follow.

Please email us at Youreable.Forum@dlf.org.uk if you have any further queries.

From the DLF team
    Last edited by dlfteam; 28-03-18 at 14:54.

Have to admit it's put me off.
    The last time i logged in the first page was full of c@@p.
    Looks better today though but having only just logged in will know better when I've had a look round.
    It is a good and useful forum but I've never known a forum take so long to sort out this kind of problem.
    Sea Queen

Things seem to be picking up again.

Forums do go 'seasonal' from time to time, holidays come forum goes quiet, tax/benefit year changes forum gets busy, etc.

I've noticed on other, totally unrelated to disability, forums that things tend to get quieter at the start of the year.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I joined last weekend and posted an enquiry.
    I still cannot find where the bloody post is!!!
    A forum like this is great , if it works for people who want their questions answered.
    A link to my post and any reply's would be great

Make it easier for people to navigate direct.
    Hope this helps.

Hi saltesa,

I can't find any trace of your original question.

Your user profile says that this is the only post you have made.
    If you click on your username anywhere that you see it in blue it will go to a page showing all the posts you have made.
    I'll add one here, but anywhere you see your name in blue (at the side of your posts, at the top right of the page, etc) works if you click it.
    saltesa

Your question may have got 'lost' or rejected by the automatic moderation filters. (They have been having trouble with spam and your question may have been deleted by mistake).

Try posting it again and we will answer and help.

Just in case you had some problem making the new thread-

To make a new thread:
    • Click on 'Forum' in the blue bar at the top of the page.
    • Select the forum you want to post in (eg. 'Benefits - help and advice.....) and click on that.
    • On the left you will see a big blue button saying "+ Post New Thread", click that.
    • Type in a short title, descriptive of your question, type your question in the big box, and then click "Submit New Thread" at the bottom right.

It should then come up on your screen just as others will see it.
    Last edited by nukecad; 12-04-18 at 15:39.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.