Thread: Complaints to CHDA

Complaints to CHDA

I just wondered if anyone else had made a complaint about there assessment (ESA) to the provider - Centre of Health and Disability Assessments?

I had a medical recently, failed of course, and have put in a MR. But MIND on my behalf also put in a complaint pointing out that they were not complaining about the outcome of the assessment but the assessment itself. I had someone from MIND with me at the assessment so she witnessed the whole thing.

I just wondered if anyone could say how long it took for the complaint to be investigated and what was the outcome i.e did they acknowledge the misrepresentation (or whatever) that took place during your assessment?

So far they have acknowledged receipt of the complaint (which was emailed). I've also placed a copy of the complaint in with my MR and will add it to my appeal.

Blog Entries
    HI Mory. Yes i have made a complaint 3 times on this new ESA lark. Had no problems on IB. 4yrs ago, called in for my first assessment under the new ESA reg"s. Turned up at 9am no one else there except 2 female youngsters of ( grandaughter age). The place stank of stale sweat (reminded me of locker room top pit) I asked young receptionist was i in right building for X factor interviews! ( she couldn"t stop laughing) The other one said follow me. Long story short, half way through assessment i was told not to speak unless asked a question. (that was enough nons for me, i shut up altogether) On leaving the assessment building the receptionist said," there you are, all over, now go and put your feet up. Got signed off with 0 points. Followed protocol, got sent another persons med history. further on got boggus text saying "we have given in and allowed your claim"(sent in error according to them) T0 add more insult it took the tribunal 3 attempts to get a DWP rep to turn up at tribunal. Game on.

Thanks for your reply

I'm still waiting for an outcome. My recovery worker at MIND has received an email from them saying the complaint is now being looked at. So will just have to wait see... There website says it should take 20 working days usually.

So still no reply from CHDA. It was sent end of March I think. I love how we all have to jump through hoops and they can just do whatever they please. I'm assuming they'll avoid replying to the complaint until after my ESA appeal. I am thinking about getting my MP involved but not really sure if that's just being OTT.

Blog Entries
    Hi I have put in a complaint about my assessment back in February 2017, got a letter confirming saying it would take 20 days, they would let us know if it takes longer.
    Last edited by Shelob; 07-09-2018 at 06:40 PM.

Any complaints i've made have always fell on deaf ears, but then i didn't have someone from MIND with me...
    I expect they are probably trying to figure out how to cover their own backsides.
    IMHO, the appeal and the complaint are separate matters, one should not have to wait for the outcome of the other.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks for the replies

We did get a reply, funnily a few days after I posted this. It was sent to MIND and I still haven't read it, it is very long (pages) and full of crap according to my recovery worker. They haven't answered the issues we put forward. She has said it will take her some time to reply to them because the reply itself will be time consuming to make. Honestly the DWP need to be made far more accountable. It's utterly ridiculous.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mory View Post
    Thanks for the replies

We did get a reply, funnily a few days after I posted this. It was sent to MIND and I still haven't read it, it is very long (pages) and full of crap according to my recovery worker. They haven't answered the issues we put forward. She has said it will take her some time to reply to them because the reply itself will be time consuming to make. Honestly the DWP need to be made far more accountable. It's utterly ridiculous.
    We got a reply exactly 20 days later as they said, CAB did this letter 5 A4 pages, and yes like yours full of crap! My therapist who read it said ‘I had been fobbed off’ as they didn’t really answer any of the points that were made. And mental health worker, well I can’t repeat what he said lol. So after having my third Atos assessment on the 8/8/18, with my local Councillor present, surprise surprise my points for PIP went from 8 and 10 to 21 and 16. So once again CAB helping to complain to DWP as this is the second time of Atos doing this now, first time in 2012 IB to ESA. Why are these people allowed to play with your life’s like this? Disgusting! Good luck with yours.