Thread: Voice to text gets easier with Windows 10

Voice to text gets easier with Windows 10

Voice typing gets easier with a new feature in the Windows 10 April 2018 update, which has been announced as available from Monday 30th April.

Natural computing experiences enable us to speak directly to our devices to accomplish tasks, without typing. We see potential for voice input to dramatically change how people interact with their devices, far beyond novelty experiences or entertainment.

One way we’ve done this in the April 2018 Update is with Dictation. It’s now easier than ever to take a note or write a paper, with just your voice. With your cursor in any text field either in Windows 10 or in an app, simply press Win+H and start talking.
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexp...rPDsG1BbijH.97

Heres a quick video showing this dictation in action:https://youtu.be/OEEPWIzlI84

It's not going to replace Dragon, etc, anytime soon; but for quick use it looks interesting.

Windows 10 Home users will automatically get the update for free, but it may take a while (maybe even a few months) for your machine to update automatically.
    (You can do it manually if you want it more quickly - give me a shout and I'll direct you, it's prettty easy to do).
    Last edited by nukecad; 04-28-2018 at 02:30 AM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.