Thread: Actual Fuel Economy Recordings - Please add yours too

Post Actual Fuel Economy Recordings - Please add yours too

Background
    Following a recent thread hijack (see Seat disappearsing from Motability), I thought it would be a nice idea if we can use this forum and the huge number of users to start collecting data on REAL WORLD fuel economy?

With the advent of the new WLTP driving cycle (Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure) taking over from the previous laboratory only tests, it might be helpful for prospective owners to see actual mpg from the users of those vehicles.

What data do we need?
    To keep it simple, what we need from you would be the Trip Computer economy reading for certain driving conditions.

- Vehicle Make, Model, Trim
    - Vehicle Engine size
    - Vehicle Fuel (Petrol, Diesel, Hybrid, EV)
    - Vehicle Transmission (Manual, Auto)

Economy
    - MPG (Trip Computer)
    - MPG (calculated if available)

Extras if available to you..
    Environmental Conditions
    - Temperature
    - Traffic Conditions (Light, Normal, Heavy)
    - Roads Driven (Motorway, Town, Country, Mix)
    - Cold start or warmed engine?
    - Average Speed
    - Distance Travelled
    - Travelling Time

With your data I will start a database which can be accessed by all.

As an example..
    VW Touran SEL
    1.4 Petrol
    Auto

37.5mpg
    20mph
    5 miles
    16C
    Normal Traffic
    A Roads

If you can only provide your vehicle and economy then do so, the more data points the better.

Thank you
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

This is what I can get off my trip computer...

Since Start
    64.4mpg, 50mph, 25 miles, 0:30 hours

Environmental
    17C, Heavy Traffic, Motorway

Since Refuelling
    45.6mpg, 24mph, 88 miles, 3:44 hours

If you can only provide the mpg figure then do so, as that is the most important factor to most potential drivers.

Ford Kuga Diesel 2 litre with 6 speed powershift around 40mpg, we do not live in a built up area.
    I have suffered a Traumatic Subachnoid Brain Haemorrhage several years ago, I do struggle to understand quite simple as well as long postings and can be appear to be quite blunt or rude in my post it is not intentional, it is very difficult to find the right word to explain, it is just part of my condition, please except my apologise in advance, due to my injury I am also very sensitive.

2017 Skoda Yeti SE Plus
    1.2 110psi Petrol
    Manual

Round the doors
    36.5mpg
    Mainly short journeys (2 to 9 miles total)
    usual small village & trip to town B roads (30-40mph)

Out and about
    36 to 38mpg
    50 - 120 miles total
    Mainly A roads so 30 - 60mph

Motorway
    Only done one motorway trip (furthest I've driven for a good few years!)
    42mpg
    190 miles in total
    Doing a steady 70 but with a bit of 50mph roadworks

I’ve used a MPG tracker on my computer since delivery of my Golf 1.4 TSi 7 speed DSG gearbox and it has returned a true 36 MPG mixed driving. Ships on board computer is reading 37.2 MPG so it’s not that far out from my real World figures.

Only got a rough ideal of driving conditions but most mileage is done in Urban 60%, Rush Hour 20% and Motorways 20% and based on an overall mileage of 21,000 miles.

Tried using Eco mode for a few months but only gained about 2 to 3 MPG extra and there’s no fun in driving a slow coach but I do use Stop and Start all the time.

When it’s safe to do so I don’t hang around and I could get well over 40 MPG if I really wanted to but I’ll leave the horse and cart speeds for when I’m passed my ninetieth birthday because I’m only a young 66 at the moment and still have razor sharp reaction times.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Background
    Following a recent thread hijack (see Seat disappearsing from Motability), I thought it would be a nice idea if we can use this forum and the huge number of users to start collecting data on REAL WORLD fuel economy?

With the advent of the new WLTP driving cycle (Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure) taking over from the previous laboratory only tests, it might be helpful for prospective owners to see actual mpg from the users of those vehicles.

What data do we need?
    To keep it simple, what we need from you would be the Trip Computer economy reading for certain driving conditions.

- Vehicle Make, Model, Trim
    - Vehicle Engine size
    - Vehicle Fuel (Petrol, Diesel, Hybrid, EV)
    - Vehicle Transmission (Manual, Auto)

Economy
    - MPG (Trip Computer)
    - MPG (calculated if available)

Extras if available to you..
    Environmental Conditions
    - Temperature
    - Traffic Conditions (Light, Normal, Heavy)
    - Roads Driven (Motorway, Town, Country, Mix)
    - Cold start or warmed engine?
    - Average Speed
    - Distance Travelled
    - Travelling Time

With your data I will start a database which can be accessed by all.

As an example..
    VW Touran SEL
    1.4 Petrol
    Auto

37.5mpg
    20mph
    5 miles
    16C
    Normal Traffic
    A Roads

If you can only provide your vehicle and economy then do so, the more data points the better.

Thank you
    Trip computer readings can be quite inaccurate. This website contains real world data and is an easy way to track your fuel consumption
    http://www.fuelly.com/car

On the owners group I belong to your average readings can be tagged on the bottom of your posts in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransman View Post
    Trip computer readings can be quite inaccurate. This website contains real world data and is an easy way to track your fuel consumption
    http://www.fuelly.com/car

On the owners group I belong to your average readings can be tagged on the bottom of your posts in the forum.
    The reading seem to be about right on that site for my TSi Golf but it does seem to lean towards the USA market when they list cars that use GAS as gas is what my boiler burns and if user don’t change the default dropdown tab from US to UK the measurement will be way out as a US gallon and UK gallon are two different measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
    The reading seem to be about right on that site for my TSi Golf but it does seem to lean towards the USA market when they list cars that use GAS as gas is what my boiler burns and if user don’t change the default dropdown tab from US to UK the measurement will be way out as a US gallon and UK gallon are two different measurements.
    You state which country/units you are using and it does the conversion.

2018 ford galaxy titanium x diesel auto 2.0 liter150 hp auto 45 mpg over 4000 miles

2018 Citroen grand c4 Picasso 120 hp blue eat 6 auto 49 mpg over 900 miles all by on board computer

live on edge of London mix town/motorway drive at 80 mph if conditions good , but light on throttle .air con when needed aan 120kg scooter and hoist in car and 2 people