Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assessment Report - Is it too late?

Question Assessment Report - Is it too late?

I had my PIP assessment a couple of weeks ago and when I got the text from the DWP a few days later, I rang them up to request a copy of the report.

I received the report this morning and for the daily living component, it all seems good. However, on the mobility component I was marked as having 10 points for the psychological distress aspect which is true in the most part.

My question is this: After viewing the CAB Website I wanted to let the decision maker know that I would actually meet the criteria for F and the reason I have been marked as E is because my partner works full time and isn’t always around to help or accompany me on a familiar journey. If I am on my own, I don’t go out, so considering he works five days a week it makes it more difficult.

I want to avoid the mandatory reconsideration process if I can and nip this in the bud prior to a decision being made. Does anyone have any suggestions?

So to update: I called the DWP yesterday and explained the situation. I explained that as my partner works full time, I can’t go out as much and that I need more help. For me to go out with my partner, it has to be on a good day and considering that he works 5/7 days a week, the odds of me having a good day on those two remaining days are low.

And what was their reply?

If it was a usual phone jockey then it was probably just "I'll make a note of that and pass it on".
    (Don't hold your breath, see what happens with the decision and come back for more advice if needed).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

He said that the CM had already been assigned and that rather making notes, he will add it on to the assessment report on file which the CM will be able to see straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowyBrighton View Post
    .... he will add it on to the assessment report on file which the CM will be able to see straight away.
    Yes, phone jockey speak for 'I'll make a note on the (computer) file.'
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Yes, phone jockey speak for 'I'll make a note on the (computer) file.'
    Lol, I’ve had a good experience so far. I made my claim back in January, didn’t send the form back, got a letter from the Assessment team inviting in for an assessment, requested face to face, they needed evidence to prove that, HP called my psychiatrist, HP called me, had a chat over the phone, no need for face to face.

Wouldn't the thing about including help you need but don't get fit in this case? as your husband might be at work sometimes and doesn't another person other than your husband count as long as you are accompanied? I didn't know there is a certain amount of times you go out for them to make this decision

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs_W View Post
    Wouldn't the thing about including help you need but don't get fit in this case? as your husband might be at work sometimes and doesn't another person other than your husband count as long as you are accompanied? I didn't know there is a certain amount of times you go out for them to make this decision
    I don’t have enough support to go out, but if I did, I would go out a little more. Yeah, I can employ a companion or as I have an interest in photography, I could employ a tutor to take me out etc.

Update: As suspected, I got awarded the Enhanced Rate for care and the standard rate for mobility. There is one line in there that vaguely/loosely mentions my phone call above but I feel that the Case Manager has interpreted it wrong.

Is there scope to get awarded points based on help needed but not received as per my original post? My understanding is that PIP has been designed to help me live more independently and one way for me to do that is to pay for support while my partner is working.

You will need to ask for a copy of the assessor's report to see on what basis points were awarded and then ask for a mandatory reconsideration and submit your reasons for disagreeing with the assessor's conclusion with additional evidence if you have any. You can ask for the report and MR on the phone, but make sure to tell them that you will be sending a written submission and they should not proceed with the MR until you have done that. Yo only have a month from the date of the decision to request MR so you need to act quickly.