Thread: Severe Disability Premium form need help

Severe Disability Premium form need help

Hello All,

Can someone please tell me how I can get hold of the form Severe Disability premium. I've searched the internet but couldn't find anything also what DWP number to ring to get the form. I also have another question can someone who is homeless sleeping on a friend sofa be class as living on their own they only share bathroom, toilet and kitchen claim SDP? The person receive ESA Support Group and Enhanced PIP.

A prompt reply would be much appreciated.

many thanks

The Severe Disability Premium is paid to those with Income Related ESA who are in Support Group, also receiving PIP/DLA, there are other qualifying conditions, including the one about not having non-dependant adults living with you.

You don't actually claim SDP, it should be automatically added to your ESA if you qualify.
    If you are not receiving it and think that you should be then you submit an ESA3 'Change of Circumstances' form which causes them to look at your claim again and add the SDP if it applies.

You can find an example of an ESA3 in this thread: https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...standard-forms
    You shouldn't use that one though, ring the ESA enquiry line and ask them to send one. Telephone: 0800 169 0310

The question about living on your own is a bit of a misnomer on the government leaflet, the rule is actually that you must have no non-dependant adults living with you.

I believe that in this case it would depend on if he is paying any rent for sleeping on the sofa or not.
    If he is paying rent then that would make him a lodger in someone elses household, and so not a part of that household.
    If he is not paying rent then he would be living with non-dependants as part of the household.

https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/non-dependants says:
    A non-dependant is a person who lives with you but is not liable for paying rent under a formal arrangement.
    In this case its the other way round, in that your friend is living with someone else, but I still believe that it's the payment of rent by one 'household' to the other 'household' that shows you/they are 'non-dependant'.

I'm prepared to be wrong about that though, it's not a ususal situation.

I would just fill in the ESA form as best they can and send it off, see the next post for a suggestion about the living situation.

It's an interesting question and I'll see if I can find anything else about it.
    Last edited by nukecad; 05-16-2018 at 03:13 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Looking at the ESA3 form, Part 12: Where you live.

I suggest your friend should fill it in like this-

Do you live with parents, relatives or friends
    as part of their family?

If not paying rent - Yes. (Fill in their name and their relationship - 'Friend' - and go to page 24)
    If paying rent - No. (Continue below)

Do you share the rent.. No.

Do you rent your home from a council? No.

Do you pay a private landlord, landlady or housing
    association for the place where you live?

Yes. (Fill in the address)

..service charges.. No.
    ...Crown tenancy... No.

Are you already getting, waiting to hear about
    or intending to claim Housing Benefit or apply
    for a Council Tax reduction, or both?

Whichever applies. (You can claim Housing Benefit or UC as a lodger)

Continue with the rest of the form.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Looking at the ESA3 form, Part 12: Where you live.

I suggest your friend should fill it in like this-

Do you live with parents, relatives or friends
    as part of their family?

If not paying rent - Yes. (Fill in their name and their relationship - 'Friend' - and go to page 24)
    If paying rent - No. (Continue below)

Do you share the rent.. No.

Do you rent your home from a council? No.

Do you pay a private landlord, landlady or housing
    association for the place where you live?

Yes. (Fill in the address)

..service charges.. No.
    ...Crown tenancy... No.

Are you already getting, waiting to hear about
    or intending to claim Housing Benefit or apply
    for a Council Tax reduction, or both?

Whichever applies. (You can claim Housing Benefit or UC as a lodger)

Continue with the rest of the form.
    Please excuse my long delay in replying to your post and I thank you for your replies. I have not been well myself with very high blood pressure and had to take doctor's order to do nothing and bed rest until my blood pressure become under control.