Thread: Is it true that they are moving families with three kids or more to UC last?

Is it true that they are moving families with three kids or more to UC last?

I have 3 children and my wife has read on FB that those with 3 children or more will be moving to UC last, and that it won't happen until next Feb, but this is the first I have heard of it?

We're still looking to move house and was wondering if this would have any effect.

From February 2019, families with 3 or more children will be able to make a
    new claim to Universal Credit. For these new claims, Universal Credit will only
    pay an additional amount for 2 children, unless special circumstances apply.
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claiming...-more-children

So that says that those with 3 or more kids will be able to make a UC claim, it does not say that those on legacy benefits are being migrated (moved to UC).

As usual though if you move house to a different authority and claim help with housing costs that will be a brand new IR benefit claim.
    In a full service area that means UC (unless you are exempt, eg. 3+kids is exempt before next Feb) and your other IR benefits will then be also migrated to UC.
    Last edited by nukecad; 05-24-2018 at 10:22 AM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claiming...-more-children

So that says that those with 3 or more kids will be able to make a UC claim, it does not say that those on legacy benefits are being migrated (moved to UC).

As usual though if you move house to a different authority and claim help with housing costs that will be a brand new IR benefit claim.
    In a full service area that means UC (unless you are exempt, eg. 3+kids is exempt before next Feb) and your other IR benefits will then be also migrated to UC.
    Thank you both for the replies.

i wonder how the UC computers are going to cope when every benifit comes under the UC banner