Thread: Hi all childs dla/pip advice please

Hi all childs dla/pip advice please

Hi everyone

Been ages since i have been on, not been able to log in or view the forums from my iphone like i always used to but it worked today woohoo,

I was hoping for a little advice my child recently turned 16, recieved pip letter to change from her current dla made the claim over the phone and awaiting the forms to arrive any day

My child has many medical, mental health and learning difficulties etc and the form never gives enough space i remember another member on here saying they put sticky labels in each box saying please see attached letter then putting together like a document for each question

What i need to no is if i do it this way, can anyone advise on how to lay it out in this wat, is it a case of :
    The question, my answer, which descriptor i feel applies and why ?

Any advice or examples would be great

Thanks and nice to finally be back on here x

All I ever do with forms where I have limited space is write 'please see separate sheet'. I then send a covering letter with the answers to the questions on that. Such as-

Question 1-

Blah blah blah

Question 2

A, blah blah blah

B, blah blah blah.

Image never had a problem with that. It's actually being awarded that I have had difficulties with.

Thanks justme

Im hoping i can get this right for her first time with everything else that we have going on at the moment, we just dont need the hassle, my own pip experience was a shambles so im hoping trying this approach will make it idiot proof for those that read it, thats the plan anyway lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingwithdestiny View Post
    ... i remember another member on here saying they put sticky labels in each box saying please see attached letter then putting together like a document for each question

What i need to no is if i do it this way, can anyone advise on how to lay it out in this wat, is it a case of :
    The question, my answer, which descriptor i feel applies and why ?

Any advice or examples would be great
    I believe that you are talking about the 'PIP sticky' started by flymo (who unfortunately no longer posts).

It's a few years old now, but still contains a lot of good advice on how to go about claiming PIP.

The first post tells how he laid out the attached pages when he used sticky labels. (Scroll down a little to - "The PIP2 questionnaire - my approach").
    https://www.youreable.com/forums/sho...me-reflections
    Last edited by nukecad; 25-05-18 at 13:00.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hi and thanks nuke

Il sit down later have a good read through, I just want to do my best to get her the award she is entitled to
    Do you think it would be a good/bad idea to say which point descriptor I think she fits into ?

I'm unsure these days.

At one time I would have said write it as if you didn't know about the descriptors, (but make sure that what you wrote answered the descriptor).

Nowadays most people know a bit about the assessments, even if they have never had to claim before, and so will research the descriptors.
    So it won't be unexpected if you do make some mention of them.

Mmmm, just reading that back I think I'd still go with the first option.

In fact I've just re-read the ESA50 I sent for a reassessment last October. I don't mention the descriptors once, but do make sure that my answers use the same words as in the descriptors I want to emphasise.

eg. for ESA descriptor 10 "Consciousness during waking moments."
    I don't mention the descriptor but make sure that my answers on the ESA50 say "unconcious" rather than "very deeply asleep" - because that's the word that the descriptor uses.
    (I made that mistake on my original claim back in 2011 and was found fit for work until I went to tribunal).

I also mention that "I may injure myself if I have an epileptic fit whilst travelling" (I have in the past broken teeth when having a fit on a bus and give that as an example) - that's special reg.35, but I don't mention reg.35 as such.
    (If my better wording this time is accepted as a 'significant risk' I might get Support Group on reg.35 - but is smashing you teeth counted as 'significant harm'?).

You get the idea?
    Last edited by nukecad; 26-05-18 at 21:08.

Yes thanks nuke, I have the form I have sticky labels I need to get on with it, and hope for a fair outcome, ps did u also see on the canary today pip are trialing in certain areas, you can do your mandatory reconsideration/ appeal fully online, and receive email/ text progress updates and is digitally recieved within 24 hours will be good to see how that works out

Quote Originally Posted by Dancingwithdestiny View Post
    .. will be good to see how that works out
    Don't hold your breath, if it's like anything else new they have tried online it will be full of bugs.

They also have a tendency to try these new things on a few 'simple' cases, announce that they were sucessful, and then find out that most cases aren't simple and it doesn't work properly when faced with real life.