Thread: Patient Access website changed.

Patient Access website changed.

If you use the online patient access to order repeat prescriptions, make appointments, etc. you should be aware that it has changed as from the 30th April.

You will need to login with your user ID and password (I hope you made a note of them) and confirm your email, phone number, etc. before you can use it again.
    If you have forgotten your ID, password, or email then there are links below the 'Sign in' button to help you get them back.

Once you have done that you will be able to login with your email address instead of the ID in future.
    Here's a quick video:
    https://youtu.be/-1VcNGat750

The web address has also changed from "www.patient.emisaccess.co.uk" to "www.patientaccess.com".
    If you use the old address you currently get a message and a link button to the new site.
    So if you have it saved in your bookmarks/favourites then you may want to change that as well.

I'm not sure that I like the look of the new site.
    Lots of sites these days look designed for use by a five year old child, (or even designed by a 5 yo ),I guess the current crop of website designers started out making simple games?
    OK I understand the need for accessibility, but surely that doesn't have to mean childish?
    I suppose the important thing is that it still works.
    Last edited by nukecad; 06-10-2018 at 01:31 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

i encountered this the other day when trying to order a prescription! O lordy, I had to re-register and go thru the whole shebang again!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    If you use the online patient access to order repeat prescriptions, make appointments, etc. you should be aware that it has changed as from the 30th April.

You will need to login with your user ID and password (I hope you made a note of them) and confirm your email, phone number, etc. before you can use it again.
    If you have forgotten your ID, password, or email then there are links below the 'Sign in' button to help you get them back.

Once you have done that you will be able to login with your email address instead of the ID in future.
    Here's a quick video:
    https://youtu.be/-1VcNGat750

The web address has also changed from "www.patient.emisaccess.co.uk" to "www.patientaccess.com".
    If you use the old address you currently get a message and a link button to the new site.
    So if you have it saved in your bookmarks/favourites then you may want to change that as well.

I'm not sure that I like the look of the new site.
    Lots of sites these days look designed for use by a five year old child, (or even designed by a 5 yo ),I guess the current crop of website designers started out making simple games?
    OK I understand the need for accessibility, but surely that doesn't have to mean childish?
    I suppose the important thing is that it still works.
    I love the fact that you can access everything now, didn’t realise this till phoned the surgery, medical records, letters etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelob View Post
    I love the fact that you can access everything now, didn’t realise this till phoned the surgery, medical records, letters etc.
    It depends on the individual surgery.

Some allow you to access your records, others just use it as a way of requesting repeat prescriptions and making appointments.

Our surgery has merged with an other local surgery. As a result of this patient access has change from emi to systemonline. I have to say the latter is rubbish compared to the emi version.
    You can not do half the stuff we used to be able to do. I shall be writing to practice manager about this change.
    On the emi we could view just about everything from hospital letters sent to GP to detailed results ect.
    I have my pip renewal assessment on Tuesday the 3rd of July 18. Now I can not pull of copies of these letters etc for the assessment.

We have systemonline and I can read all the letters and everything.
    They are not on the screen though they are denoted by a paper clip at the end of the bar. Click on this and you can see the letter in another window.

Thanks for the reply beau. However there is nothing to click on. link missing ? I would like to have a look.
    Thanks

Update. Looking through the settings "manage online service" It seems we are not allowed access to "Full Clinical Record" Not offered by Great North Medical Group.

I guess that you have full access to this beau ?
    Last edited by joss; 07-03-2018 at 04:14 PM. Reason: update

Yes we do, I think it must be individual to each medical group then.
    May well be worth querying with your practice.

Update
    Well I did ask the practice manager about this. Her reply was as follows. For a fee of £50.00 they will copy my records for me. ! Erm I don't think so. I asked why should we have to pay for something that was free and fully accessible under the EMI system before they changed it to Systemonline. I pointed out that this looks like a money spinning idea by refusing to grant access to my records so we have to now pay £50.00.
    That is a lot of money when your on benefits.
    The battle begins...

You should advise your practice manager to get up to date with current Data Protection Law and GDPR.

Medical records are a special class under some parts of GDPR, but-

They can no longer charge for supplying a copy of your existing medical records.

They can charge if they have to create some brand new information from new or existing records.
    They can also charge for their costs if you ask for them more than once in a short time.
    (They may be able to charge their costs if there is 'excessive'? work involved).

They can refuse to release part or all of your records if to do so could be detrimental to your health/wellbeing.

This from the BMA should help, print it off or send your practice manager the link:
    https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/employ...edical-records
    Since 25 May, in most cases, patients must be given access to their medical records as a Subject Access Request (SAR) free of charge, including when a patient authorises access by a third party such as a solicitor.
    Last edited by nukecad; 07-22-2018 at 12:26 AM.