Thread: Patient Access website changed.

Patient Access website changed.

If you use the online patient access to order repeat prescriptions, make appointments, etc. you should be aware that it has changed as from the 30th April.

You will need to login with your user ID and password (I hope you made a note of them) and confirm your email, phone number, etc. before you can use it again.
    If you have forgotten your ID, password, or email then there are links below the 'Sign in' button to help you get them back.

Once you have done that you will be able to login with your email address instead of the ID in future.
    Here's a quick video:
    https://youtu.be/-1VcNGat750

The web address has also changed from "www.patient.emisaccess.co.uk" to "www.patientaccess.com".
    If you use the old address you currently get a message and a link button to the new site.
    So if you have it saved in your bookmarks/favourites then you may want to change that as well.

I'm not sure that I like the look of the new site.
    Lots of sites these days look designed for use by a five year old child, (or even designed by a 5 yo ),I guess the current crop of website designers started out making simple games?
    OK I understand the need for accessibility, but surely that doesn't have to mean childish?
    I suppose the important thing is that it still works.
    Last edited by nukecad; 06-10-2018 at 01:31 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

i encountered this the other day when trying to order a prescription! O lordy, I had to re-register and go thru the whole shebang again!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    If you use the online patient access to order repeat prescriptions, make appointments, etc. you should be aware that it has changed as from the 30th April.

You will need to login with your user ID and password (I hope you made a note of them) and confirm your email, phone number, etc. before you can use it again.
    If you have forgotten your ID, password, or email then there are links below the 'Sign in' button to help you get them back.

Once you have done that you will be able to login with your email address instead of the ID in future.
    Here's a quick video:
    https://youtu.be/-1VcNGat750

The web address has also changed from "www.patient.emisaccess.co.uk" to "www.patientaccess.com".
    If you use the old address you currently get a message and a link button to the new site.
    So if you have it saved in your bookmarks/favourites then you may want to change that as well.

I'm not sure that I like the look of the new site.
    Lots of sites these days look designed for use by a five year old child, (or even designed by a 5 yo ),I guess the current crop of website designers started out making simple games?
    OK I understand the need for accessibility, but surely that doesn't have to mean childish?
    I suppose the important thing is that it still works.
    I love the fact that you can access everything now, didn’t realise this till phoned the surgery, medical records, letters etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelob View Post
    I love the fact that you can access everything now, didn’t realise this till phoned the surgery, medical records, letters etc.
    It depends on the individual surgery.

Some allow you to access your records, others just use it as a way of requesting repeat prescriptions and making appointments.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.