Thread: Bonus payments for doing (more) assessments.

Bonus payments for doing (more) assessments.

This isn't the usual rumour/supposition, it's an admitted fact this time.

Note that these are not payments for 'failing' people at assessment, only for doing more assessments per week.
    But is a 'rushed' assessment going to be accurate?

Following publication of an internal Atos letter describing a bonus structure for completing “extra” assessments, the Committee wrote to all three contractors - Atos, Capita and Maximus who carry out the ESA assessments - and disability Minister Sarah Newton, with concerns over the potential for further reducing the quality of the assessments of a financial incentive to “rush”. The full series of correspondence is being published today.
    https://www.parliament.uk/business/c...and-esa-17-19/

Some quick quotes from that correspondence-

Atos/Independent Assessment Services (PIP):
    The number of PIP referrals that we receive from DWP can fluctuate. When we have more cases to assess than anticipated and to help minimise the time it takes for claimants to receive their assessment, we will ask our HPs if they are able to work additional hours to help complete more cases and in the past we have compensated them for doing so. At certain points where demand was particularly high, we have put in place schemes that remunerate over and above normal overtime rates, to facilitate take-up.
    Capita (PIP):
    Under the Capita designed scheme, DAs can achieve supplementary incentive payments if
    clearly defined quality and quantity (15 cases per week in clinic, 14 home based
    appointments) targets are achieved.
    Maximus/CHDA (ESA):
    Temporary incentives are put in place largely to encourage assessors to undertake assessments outside traditional office hours. We only provide these incentives to staff who are consistently delivering high quality assessments and any Healthcare Professional applying for incentives must meet professional standards for each of their assessment reports.
    Our current incentives are for each case completed during weekend hours; for each additional case completed on a weekday and for each case completed in the evening. These help us see more customers at more convenient times for them.
    The "Internal Atos letter" refered to above that prompted this question to all 3 providers can be seen scanned at the bottom of this:
    https://www.parliament.uk/documents/...os-PIP-ESA.pdf
    Last edited by nukecad; 06-15-2018 at 06:39 AM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Finally one of those letters has gone online somewhere it cannot be removed by ATOS. I've seen one elsewhere before (not as part of this investigation) and the person who put it up (was an assessor and left) was threatened into taking it down. I'm not pleased it's happening but I am pleased it's finally coming to light.

I am glad the truth is coming out on this. It's disgraceful.

I don't see why extra incentives are needed at all.

If you want someone to work overtime you tell them they have to work overtime, and pay them your normal overtime rate.

An employer can force staff to do overtime, up to an average working time of 48 hours per week.
    https://www.gov.uk/overtime-your-rig...lsory-overtime

Interestingly reading that link the Maximus incentive scheme would seem to be discriminatory by only allowing certain staff to do overtime and get the incentive payments.
    We only provide these incentives to staff who are consistently delivering high quality assessments ....
    Last edited by nukecad; 06-15-2018 at 01:52 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.