Thread: Pip renewal and Home viste without requesting one!

Exclamation Pip renewal and Home viste without requesting one!

Well bit of a shock really.
    I received my appointment letter from Independent Assessment services (Atos?) this week. I had to read it a few times for it to sink in. Its for a home assessment!
    I did not request a home visit.
    Now I am wondering why this has happened.
    So many folk have requested home assessments, only to be refused.
    Has anyone else ever had this happen to them?

Yes, my last assessment was a home visit, and like you I hadn't requested it.

Young lady who came out was very nice, seemed to listen to everything but, despite never seeing me even stand up let alone walk said I'd walked over 25m in her report so only got standard mobility.

That said, it was still better than the previous assessment, lying assessor said I walked over 50m from the car park so I lost my high rate DLA mobility and got nothing at all

Mine was a paper based review, not even asked for that
    Don't worry it is quite a normal thing I understand these days.
    Call me Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by gus607 View Post
    Mine was a paper based review, not even asked for that
    Don't worry it is quite a normal thing I understand these days.
    What is a paper based assessment and how do you get one of those? I have a date for a home assessment but have huge problems with mixing with others, anxiety and other mental and physical issues. I have just been a mess since I got the assessment date, are there any circumstances where they might consider changing it to a paper one or I did hear of a phone assessment?

Mrs_W have a read of this article. It may help explain things for you. https://winvisibleblog.wordpress.com...rom-interview/ also read https://winvisibleblog.wordpress.com...ence-payments/

I had paperbased for mine though I know the dwp weren't happy about it - it took seven months and the file kept being sent back for me to be sent for f2f. In the end it was accepted on paper after my MP chased my application - they were keeping an eye on it (they said they would and I'd said they could but the last MP was useless and never bothered so I had no expectation of that happening) when I contacted them to let them know my experience then I found out what had happened.

The time waiting was purely down to the DWP insisting I was seen, capita said it wasn't needed - months before the DWP made a decision.

Basically it happens in my case due to it, possibly, being dangerous to the assessor to see me and dangerous for me. Primarily it's because of danger to them. I have proof of this (police involvement, having been arrested) and it's due to MH issues.