Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working on ESA, PIP, Housing/Council Tax Benefit.

Be sure to tell them that you want to claim 'New Style' Contribution Based JSA.

They will try to push you into claiming Universal Credit instead, and once on UC you can't go back.

Once you have got them to accept a CB JSA claim it takes about a week/2 weeks to get the first payment.

You can start the MR/appeal process against the MR decision at anytime up to a month from the date on the letter.
    It tells you on the letter how to request Mandatory Reconsideration.
    If you haven't already then ring them (ESA) and ask for the ESA85 assessors report and the LT54 Decision Makers report.
    These will tell you why they have refused ESA and so just what you need to challenge.
    (It's handy to have those before starting the MR, but don't delay above the 1 month, you can request MR and tell them you will be sending a further written statement/evidence).
    Last edited by nukecad; 10-24-2018 at 04:13 PM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Be sure to tell them that you want to claim 'New Style' Contribution Based JSA.

They will try to push you into claiming Universal Credit instead, and once on UC you can't go back.

Once you have got them to accept a CB JSA claim it takes about a week/2 weeks to get the first payment.

You can start the MR/appeal process against the MR decision at anytime up to a month from the date on the letter.
    It tells you on the letter how to request Mandatory Reconsideration.
    If you haven't already then ring them (ESA) and ask for the ESA85 assessors report and the LT54 Decision Makers report.
    These will tell you why they have refused ESA and so just what you need to challenge.
    (It's handy to have those before starting the MR, but don't delay above the 1 month, you can request MR and tell them you will be sending a further written statement/evidence).
    Thank you, Honestly i can't begin to say how much this is really appreciated, i would be stressing and panicking beyond belief right now if it wasn't for the help on this forum.

I will call both jsa and esa tomorrow and do as suggested, in regards to them making me look for work and have to attend the job center multiple times per week will they do this during the first 1-2 weeks before i even get a payment?