Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auction - Autochair 4 way boot hoist, 80KG. with car thrown in.

Auction - Autochair 4 way boot hoist, 80KG. with car thrown in.

I've got a fully functioning Autochair 80gsm boot hoist for sale and the automatic petrol driven Dynamique Renault Scenic is included on a 57 plate.

It will be available from October 2018 as that is when my Motability Lease hire car will be ready for collection.

It's still a great little runner with a few issues. I'm off to Southport with friends in it on Saturday so still a good workhorse.

Best offers please.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HOIST-and-wheelchair.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	1985

Few issues?? Care to elaborate?

Hi Reddivine,

Well, I’ve had 3 Renault Scenics - love the car! Higher seat level, lowest door sill to step over (no trip hazard). Auto, petrol, 1500CC. Metallic Gold colour.l, 58000 miles, Ex Motability car that’s been serviced every year.
    The car will be 12 years old in November. I didn’t update the car while on DLA. Was awarded PIP earlier this year so it’s time to get a Motability lease hire car.

There are niggles with the car but I’m not bothering to spend money on a car I’ll only have for another 16 weeks.

Niggles I can live with ... near side front window doesn’t wind down, radio works but needs PIN code putting in (I have). Air con only works when fan is on 4 and 5.

The only big thing relates to the automatic transmission as an error signal has appeared saying ‘ check gearbox’. It needs to go to an auto transmission centre for a diagnosis. In the meantime the error message comes and goes but the car works happily.

Come October it needs it’s annual service (£100), MOT (!35), Car insurance (£375), A diagnosis would cost about £100, if the gearbox were to be repaired it might cost £800/900dud to removing gearbox.

i can get £700 for the far off a local website. The hoist cost me £1500 two and a half years ago. My new car will have a new hoist thrown in.

The hoist can be removed but the suppliers would need to fit a new A frame to your car and wire it in - cost about £500.

I’d accept a £1000 for hoist and car.

Looks like a fair bit of work for someone, so hopefully you'll make a quick sale

My old car is getting a makeover but probably will never drive it again as its not suitable for a chair really (roof rack possibly), and its likely going to reside at my parents place as a pet runabout

Well FK I use it daily and my lodger takes her son to primary school in it so it's not that bad.

Nearer to the date of sale I'll toss a coin. Heads and you and Reddivine have a choice of taking it away for £500 or it just get's sent to the Auction House for best price.

Roll up, roll up - we have a fine 4 way car hoist and Renault Scenic automatic for sale from 1 October 2018.

Please form an orderly queue

Well, the existing Renault Scenic Auto advertised here is still working despite having 'check gearbox' message on display.

The MOT is due on the 26 September as is a service.

The motability lease hire car I ordered has arrived from Valentia in Spain and was shipped over to Liverpool with 3000 other cars. It will now take 10 days for import paperwork to go through. Then it will go to a Ford dealership in Speke, Liverpool to be road tested. Once that's complete it will arrive at my Ford dealership by road transporter.

So now I can't get my hands on it until mid October!

If my car fails its MOT I can either get it repaired and use it until the other car is delivered or;
    stop using it and sell it to 'webuyanycar' and use taxis for a while. But I don't think they will buy it at their price offer.

As my Chinese lodger won't be able to drive my Motability car until she passes a UK driving licence it might be best to put the old Scenic through the MOT then sell it privately to get a better return.

What do you think

Good news! The gearbox issue has been resolved and the car now moves like a rocket!

I visited Tameside Transmissions this morning as they could slot me in at 10am! I arrived with 5 mins to spare and was asked to sit in the passenger seat as they had no other seating. The mechanic drove the car onto the ramps with me inside. He had to add 2 litres of transmission fluid as the gearbox has a slow leak. He then did a quick diagnostic test of the gearbox and found no other fault. I drove home on the motorway and the car is now very responsive again so I'll be keeping it until my new lease car arrives. The cost - all for free!

All is happiness in the world!

Nice to hear! enjoy it while you can

Today the car passed it's MOT without a service!

The independent garage owner phoned me to tell me the good news and take payment over the phone - this was at 3.30pm. I said I'll get a taxi there to pick my car up and he said no worries one of the lads will drop it off - what a service. However, at 5pm today he's decided that the car will be dropped off at 8.45am

If my car turns up as promised I'll be amazed. The delivery man will be picking cars up for servicing in the morning not delivering cars back.

There goes the hospital appointment arrangement no doubt - no wheels!

I prefer people to be honest instead of offering false promises!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Renault Scenic.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	229.2 KB 
ID:	2024
    Last edited by Lighttouch; 09-26-2018 at 04:45 PM.