Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: strange letter from ESA about IR eligibility

So things are in hand, and it's just a case of waiting for the DLA people to get their fingers out.
    (I know you're not so good with waiting).

At least you now know what is happening, and that someone is working hard on yout behalf.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

oh dear, Nukecad
    I now have the reputation of being an impatient madam, don't I
    hmmmm well I guess that is true

trouble is while I am waiting for things that are stressful, - which most things seem to be - my mh issues escalate and I start going nuts
    and cant function

have found dla letters and a pip letter that states when dla ended so hoping that will be ok even though the pip one does not state the dla rates
    but I have nothing else

anyway they can see by my bank statements that the dla was going in there

oh - incidentally - the lady at Merthyr said don't pay for registered (signed) post as it actually slows things down!!!!

and I also asked the lady how they calculate the amount from bank statements and she said they usually take 3 months of statements and work an amount from there and they do not count any pip/esa payments

just checked acc. and they have today put in just over another £5k - so they turned that final payment around in a week

finally

all I can say is without the help and encouragement of people on here - most especially Nukecad - I would not have kept going or got this money

Nukecad - I cannot thank you enough - here is a virtual thank you hug (((((nukecad)))))

Good to hear that they have sorted the the backpay for your DLA period and it's now gone in.

It's been a long journey for you, nine months overall and with a few mixups along the way.

Good for you for staying (reasonably) calm and sticking with it, maybe it will give you encouragement to face other things in future - you know you can do it now with a bit of support and encouragement.

That's part of why the regular members are here, to help and encourage others when we can.

PS. Don't forget to tell the council about the extra backpay, it will still be disregarded just like the previous lot but you should let them know for future reference. Otherwise they may wonder where the money came from.
    Last edited by nukecad; 04-16-2019 at 03:47 PM.

thanks Nukecad

I have been away but going home today - and I will give the council copies of any letters I receive explaining the payments

I certainly believe that having the support of others is key when dealing with these issues

I have been wondering about the disregarding of the back payment

I know (thanks to Nukecad telling me) that it should be disregarded for a year
    but I have had no info about that from dwp
    is there a way of getting them to confirm it in writing

I have the money in a separate account, but it has to be transferred through my normal acc. when paying for things
    I would feel better if I had something in writing telling me how long it is disregarded, and if I am allowed to spend it how I like

Ring them (or write) and ask for written confirmation of the disregard period for your particular backpayment?

It's established now as offical error, so depends on how much the payment was.

But rather than relying on a general rule a written letter about your own backpayment has got to be preferable.

If enough people start asking they'll start including it in the "standard" letters about backpay to save time/money.