Thread: Quick views on whether PIP form is more fairer than DLA form to fill in.

Quick views on whether PIP form is more fairer than DLA form to fill in.

HI folks,

I have just done a face to face assessment from DLA to PIP migration a few weeks ago, no word yet, and we all know what can happen at the assessment, The assessor seemed very pleasant and in a way give me a sense that I could well be migrated over to PIP successfully, BUT I am under no illusion that it may not happen, and I could have to do MR and tribunal.

My quick question is,
    I noticed that when filling the pip form, that in a good way it seemed to be more helpful than the DLA form, for example, for each question it does give a long list of options that you may well use, but if it was DLA it might not come to mind.

For Example the actual act of Dressing and Undressintg, a lot of people can do that ok, but under PIP it does gave you other options that you can use, such as knowing whether clothes co-ordinate each other colour wise, , whether someone has to prompt you to change clothes.

I take it you can be awarded points for the above options, even though you can actually take off and put on the clothes yourself.

The above I feel are things that one could overlook when filling in the old DLA form, as speaking for myself I would have thought that this question simply refers to the physical act of changing clothes.

I find a lot of questions are like that on the PIP form, so taking into consideration that you can get points for above added options on questions (which I am not sure of) and also whatever the assessor writes, Is PIP more fairer than DLA to apply for, the big caveat of course being what the pip assessor writes on the report, which may be totally wrong.
    your view appreciated.
    Thanks
    John
    Last edited by johnsmi; 06-29-2018 at 11:11 AM.