Thread: URGENT advice needed re flights

URGENT advice needed re flights

We have a choice between Tui and Jet2 for a flight in October to Madeira. Anyone got any PERSONAL experience flying with either? We can look up reviews ourselves. But persnal recommendations would go a long way. EXPECIALLY if flown with a wheelchair.

No experience of travelling on a plane with a wheelchair.

However, Manchester Airport has the dubious honour of being the least accessible airport in the Country.

Your choice of holiday is interesting - Maderia in Portugal - great walking country as it's sl hilly.

A challenge for your new of-roader wheelchair. You'll have muscles in your spit after a week there!! lol

Attachment 1994

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    No experience of travelling on a plane with a wheelchair.

However, Manchester Airport has the dubious honour of being the least accessible airport in the Country.

Your choice of holiday is interesting - Maderia in Portugal - great walking country as it's sl hilly.

A challenge for your new of-roader wheelchair. You'll have muscles in your spit after a week there!! lol

Attachment 1994
    Its the GTE oh wise one ELECTRIC....... maybe a stiff left arm from the steering

I Have been to Madeira with jet2, in fact I travel with them whenever I have the choice. I travel with them several times a year complete with walking frame. Their assistance is second to none. Ring up and arrange special assistance asap and you will be allocated seats at no charge and their normal seats have lots of legroom. Highly recommend them
    TUI not so good. Less legroom.flown with them too this year
    I am in Kephalonia with jet2_at the moment. Beware Madeira most hotels have showers over baths, you need an adapter room
    Last edited by beau; 07-16-2018 at 05:00 PM.

IT Madeira is not in Portugal, it is an island in the Atlantic that belongs to portugal. Yes it is hilly.

We are going with TUI. Jet2 had good reviews and the cheaper quote BUT then we read this https://www.simplyemma.co.uk/jet2-di...ed-passengers/

Somewhat alarming! Managed to get thru to assistance the Jet2 flat out said the wheelchair won't fit in the hold door. Well I'm not willing for them to mangle it trying - or to dismantle it when advice is strictly NOT to. So TUI said its OK. Whats more the holiday company checked and they were also assured.

No we just have the headache of arranging a travel companion. Booking can't go ahead without his/her name and DOB.

My walking frame even when folded won't go up the conveyer to the hold, so they just pass it up to whoever is doing the loading
    Can't see why you wheelchair won't go through the hold door, they are massive. I have seen them out wheelchairs and scooters on
    Last edited by beau; 07-18-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Flown with Tui loads of times, they have been excellent, no problem getting my wheelchair into the hold after I have gotten onto the plane, Manchester airport was fantastic, took me back to the car in the wheelchair, parked at the airport, but it’s like all places they can be hit and miss, Malaga can be a bit of a nightmare.