Thread: problem with website security certificate

problem with website security certificate

hi ive been unable to get on this site with my firefox/google chrome browsers ! says website security certificate out of date?.
    ive got on here using "bing" as it allows you to prceed if you know the site.. but also gives same message as above.
    also on the 23rd of july CHROME are doing a big update , i dont know if this will effect it also.

I'm getting this too.

I'm using Chrome and have been getting this for the past couple of days

I've been getting it on safari.

The SSL (Site Security Licence) for yourable.com expired on 20th July 2018 at 14:43. (Someone forgot to renew it?)

I emailed admin about it when I noticed about 16:30, but as they don't work weekends then it will probably be Monday before it gets sorted.

Lack of a current SSL for any website causes the major browsers IE, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, etc. to block access to the site.

It's a security feature of most modern browsers.

If you trust the site then on the blocking page there will be an option to 'Continue to site', or similar, which makes an exception for that particular site and overrides the block.
    If you don't see 'Continue to site' in your particular browser then click on 'More information' and it should be there.

If you use this override then once the site has a valid certificate again you should go into your browsers' Options/Settings and remove the exception.

You can also totally turn off this certificate checking for ALL websites in your browsers Options/Settings - this is not recommended.
    Last edited by nukecad; 23-07-18 at 12:56.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    The SSL (Site Security Licence) for yourable.com expired on 20th July 2018 at 14:43. (Someone forgot to renew it?)

Attachment 1997

I emailed admin about it when I noticed about 16:30, but as they don't work weekends then it will probably be Monday before it gets sorted.

Lack of a current SSL for any website causes the major browsers IE, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, etc. to block access to the site.

It's a security feature of most modern browsers.

If you trust the site then on the blocking page there will be an option to 'Continue to site', or similar, which makes an exception for that particular site and overrides the block.
    If you don't see 'Continue to site' in your particular browser then click on 'More information' and it should be there.

If you use this override then once the site has a valid certificate again you should go into your browsers' Options/Settings and remove the exception.

You can also totally turn off this certificate checking for ALL websites in your browsers Options/Settings - this is not recommended.
    haa well done nuke , im able to get on here on BING if i choose "continue to website not recomended".
    sounds like you will have it sorted by early next week . well done

Quote Originally Posted by druid View Post
    sounds like you will have it sorted by early next week
    Nothing to do with me, DLF/youreable have to get their SSL renewed.

Luckily the company that they use (told you I'm good at searching for stuff) can issue and enable a 'standard' SSL in 5 minutes.

So once someone with the authority gets into work, sees what has happened, and 'puts some money in the meter', the browsers should soon stop blocking the domain/website again.
    Last edited by nukecad; 23-07-18 at 05:41.

Yes the site was blocked on Sunday when using Safari - all is well again.

Yes I was the same Completely Blocked. I went into my settings and tweaked them and got back in.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Don't forget to remove the security exceptions that you set.

You'll usually find them somewhere like - Options(or settings) > Security > Certificates.

Super Moderator
    Hi,

This has been updated now. If you are still experiencing any problems accessing the forum please email Youreable.Forum@dlf.org.uk

thanks,
    From DLF Admin