Thread: WFI mix up.

WFI mix up.

Got a brown envelope this morning (Saturday).

I know that I have a WFI next month, 8th August, that appointment was made back in February, so I assumed it was just a reminder as promissed.

No it's not; it's for a WFI on the 10th September, with the same person.

Obvious cock-up, I can't wait to see her face when at the first one when she starts to make another appointment for 6 months time and I tell her not to bother because I'm seeing her again next month.

And yes, I will be going to both.
    I'm experienced enough not to try and cancel one and so leave a possible 'failure to attend' hanging when they don't cancel it properly.
    Last edited by nukecad; 07-22-2018 at 01:32 AM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I know your in WRAG but, it could be they're instituting a new regime, given what others have said in other threads, it was indicated back in 2016 in that Green Paper:
    Things are changing.

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.co...support-group/
    Last edited by Jard; 07-22-2018 at 05:07 PM.

Nah, as you say that's about them wanting Support Group to do WFIs.

2 WFI appointments is just the usual cock up.

I had similar happen before with the Work Programme and nearly got sanctioned that time because they made 2 appointments a few days apart and sent out 2 letters, but both letters had the same date/time.

Annoyed, very annoyed.

Went to the first of these WFIs this morning.
    It's a 45 minute journey to the jobcentre+ not good for someone with health problems/disabilities.

Got there showed them the appointment letter and told to take a seat and wait.
    20 minutes after my appointment time I asked what the delay was.

After some humming and aahing they asked to see the letter again, "Oh, she's on sick leave, wait a minute", and took it away to check.
    They then came back and said:
    "Your appointment is on the 10th of September".
    "No it's today, I have a letter that says so - you can see it you are holding it in your hand - and it also says my benefit will be affected if I don't come. I don't want a sanction so here I am. I know that I also have another appointment on the 10th of September, the letter for that is in my pocket".

"The new appointment automatically cancels the old one".
    "Not by any benefit legilslation is doesn't, and it says nothing on that newer letter about canceling any appointments already made, I have not been informed about any cancellations and so appointments still stand".

"Well that's the way it works in this jobcentre".
    "If so then it should clearly state on the new appointment letter that the old appointment on such and such a date has been cancelled".

"Well that's the way it works in this jobcentre".
    "Fine I know you won't do anything now so I'll make a writen complaint, what was your name again?"
    "(First name only given), I don't make these decisions".
    "Who does then, I'll put their name in my written complaint too".
    No meaningful answer.

Incompetent, uncaring, lazy, petty 'local' rule following, jobsworths.

(I know - I shouldn't be surprised with my level of experience, but they still get your back up).

Thanks for listening I feel much better for a good rant.

PS.
    Had to chuckle at the new 'Security Staff' at the jobcentre. I know them both from when I was managing the pub.
    They are both bouncers who have worked at some of the rougher town centre establishments for years.
    Last edited by nukecad; 08-08-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Hello nukecad

I can only imagine your frustration and feeling of disempowerment.

Don't suppose they even offered you a refund of your travelling costs either.

I know you understand their computer systems and how they work, but how difficult can it be to ensure that letters that reschedule appointments state this letter cancels any previous appointment.

Get that complaint going, it's the only way that eventually they might change their ways.

No travelling costs, I have a disability bus pass.

If I had had to pay the bus fare I would have gone ballistic at them.

Probably why they now have pub bouncers on the door security, all the people they mess about kicking off.

PS. I know a bit about computers and computing; but I don't think anyone fully understands the DWP computer systems.

You can tell often what's wrong with their programming from the results it gives.
    I do know that they are 'cobbled' together and that some of the mainframe kit and programmes they are using are 40 odd years old.

I saw an advert a while back where they were looking for 'older' programmers who could programme with old computer languages from the 70's, the new kids just don't know that stuff because it's so out of date.
    So even when they know this old stuff needs updating they have no one who knows how to rewrite the programmes.
    Last edited by nukecad; 08-08-2018 at 01:54 PM.

Another brown envelope today.

Another appointment, but-

This letter has 'Rearranged' clearly written at the top.
    The new date/time has been highlighted (in pink) and 'New appointment date and time' written next to it.

They can get it right when they put their brains in gear. (And no I didn't make a written complaint in the end, so it's not due to that).

And today I finally got a letter with a date for a WCA f2f in a couple of weeks.

So that will be 11 months since they sent me the ESA50.