Thread: Recent ESA phone waiting times.

Recent ESA phone waiting times.

I know people are always interested in up to date figures so:

A list of recent waiting times to get connected to a person on the ESA helpline:
    https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque..._passthrough=1

PS. That's an interesting example of how not to write a FoI to the DWP.

The requester obviously wanted figures for each hour of each day.
    But by listing just those four periods explicitly it gave the DWP an excuse to 'creatively missunderstand' what was being asked for.
    The requester should have either just asked for 'each hour of each weekday' or listed each hourly period.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Blog Entries
    Well I know for a fact that’s a lie, the four times I have tried to get through recently ranged from 29 mins to over a hour!

At least those times are plausible, rather than the 5-10 minutes that they used to claim the ones there range from 12-46 minutes.

As for the waits of over an hour, why do you think they creatively missunderstood the request and left out between 10 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon, what must be the bussiest times.
    I suspect that between 12 and 4 in the afternoon will have the longest waiting times.

It will be interesting to see if the requester follows up by asking for those times to be provided.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.