Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Requesting assistance at airline/airport

So much has changed since 9/11 hasn't it - I used to go abroad a lot with my mum in the 90s (before being disabled) and it was nothing like as it is now. I was shocked when I went to Cyprus how much as changed. Many thanks for the advice - I didn't know that about toothpaste. I'm no taking any hold luggage so have to be careful.

This link will tell you the current regulations
    https://www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions

Great link, thank you. I will print it out.

Just to check - am I correct in interpreting that I have to get a doctors letter to take medication with me? As its a return flight I will try to use all the meds I need while away so I won't bring any home, but I may be left with some sumatriptan (migraine relief), will I have to get evidence for this?

Thanks for all the help!

I shouldn't think so, I take my meds with me and just carry a copy of my latest prescription. I have never been stopped in all those years. If you are stopped with it and on your way home you should be able to dump it, throw it down the toilet as a last resort.
    As for taking just enough medication, it is prudent to take a few days extra just in case anything untoward happens, ie if the flight is cancelled and you have to stay over.
    For a 2 weeks holiday I always take 4 weeks supply.

Yes that's a point re extra meds. Okay will make sure I have a current prescription list with me. Thanks again!

When we fly from Manchester we have to check in at the special assistance desk before we can go for wheelchair assistance.
    We find it a bit of a pain because we then have to walk down to the place to get the wheelchairs.Its a quite a walk as well.Why the chairs can't be brought up to us I don't know.

Manchester is an airport I try to avoid unless I can only fly to my chosen destination from there.
    Last year they were trying to bend my walking frame to go through the pushchair scanner when it was already folded. I had to shout to them to stop as without it I am going nowhere.
    How stupid can some folk get.