Thread: How much info should you put in GL24?

How much info should you put in GL24?

I'm helping a relative fill in her GL24 form. She's been going through migration from IB to ESA and filled out the Limited Capability questionairre. Her letter came back stating she's been put in the WRAG group. I think she should be in the support group, and we would them to reconsider. I have requested a written statement of reasons but so far nothing has come (it's two weeks on tuesday). I am concerned about getting the appeal form in but wanted to read the statement first. However I'm not sure when it will turn up. Am I required to go into detail on the GL24 and send everything in at once or can I simply put we would like it reconsidered and will submit further info? It's a bit of a minefield so would be glad of pointers. Thanks

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by *newgirl* View Post
    I'm helping a relative fill in her GL24 form. She's been going through migration from IB to ESA and filled out the Limited Capability questionairre. Her letter came back stating she's been put in the WRAG group. I think she should be in the support group, and we would them to reconsider. I have requested a written statement of reasons but so far nothing has come (it's two weeks on tuesday). I am concerned about getting the appeal form in but wanted to read the statement first. However I'm not sure when it will turn up. Am I required to go into detail on the GL24 and send everything in at once or can I simply put we would like it reconsidered and will submit further info? It's a bit of a minefield so would be glad of pointers. Thanks
    dont hold your breath on getting statement of reason on time many people have to wait ages for them, and you cant wait too long to get your appeal request in as they dont often allow extra time.............. you need to put enough on the form to make it an appeal some people have had them sent back saying not enough information

so in the case of wanting to be in the support group you would have to say something along the lines

I should be in the support group because and put the reason

why do you think your relative should be in the support group have you seen it wrote in the regulations she fits the bill for support group ?

is it Exceptional circumstances or is it walking or for example ..............Absence or loss of control over extensive evacuation of the bowel and/or voiding of the bladder,

you then need to point out where in your medical evidance your case is supported