Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warmfront

Warmfront

I don't know if it's already been posted on here but British Gas Warmfront scheme is now open.
    I tried to register over the phone but now it's got to be done on line.
    I don't know if other suppliers scheme is open yet.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiejane View Post
    I don't know if it's already been posted on here but British Gas Warmfront scheme is now open.
    Thank you done mine.

hi .... utilita has already opened up & closed there's afta a week I tried applying but I didn't qualify just because I'm waiting to hear from dwp about my claim for lcwra due to ill health x

Sorry to here that Kat.I can't remember who my daughters supplier is but I know it only stays open for a month.It's one of the little one not any of the big 6.She did check one day last week to see if there scheme was open but it wasn't but she could pre register so hopefully she will get a text for her to say she has been successful.

Hi Barbie & ors, bearing in mind how this year seems to be flying by checked SSE scheme & there's is not yet open either...I thought the scheme was open much earlier last year but this year seems to be different...wonder what's behind it if I am right?

Last year I applied for our on 8th September.

Yep, Barbie, always around this time of year and always fearful of not being early enough, so all allocated funds already taken, or that appliaction lost in ost etc. Always find myself by contacting company online through their site, via email and even then via twitter DM? Absolutely hate it but it has to be done.

Another point that many will be seeing, even if allocated, is it seems that the allocated £140 is going much less further than otherwise anticipated (taking into account estimated rises in costs etc.). Recently found out we have been 'transferred' to a new tariff with SSE, now called 'Energy Assist', which we are informed is 'good news-we are already on their lowest tariff'!

And then even when you do a comparison with other co's that offer warm home front scheme, with either cheaper standing charge and higher unit rate or vice versa, there is little point in changing. At least I suppose we are given the ability to change suppliers...unlike those FUCKIN' WATER UTILITY THIEVIN' BAS...! (apologies for caps, but only way to get feeling across about them).

And then Tory 'govt' harp on about about capping bills, cap in hand more like!

Quote Originally Posted by barbiejane View Post
    Thanks for starting this post barbiejane.

If you supplier is OVO energy then please find below a link to preregister your interest to claim the Warm home discount.

Ovo Warm home discount pre register form.

TY, Joss, for info. I didn't know OVO energy even offered the WHD (warm home discount). Am unable to do so over next few days, but it might be helpful if somebody could do a list, apart from the big 6, of the smaller electric utility companies that do offer the WHD! (Again, admit do not know if there are rules/regulations that have made the big 6 have to offer the WHD & if these rules apply to the smaller companies-is it done on basis on number of customers each company has on its books and if over a certain no, they are obliged to offer the WHD?).

Anyway, just an idea about the list.

I think SSE offer the WHD but I'm not 100% sure.I don't think they keep it open as long as the big 6.
    EVO is who my daughter gets hers off but again I don't think they keep the scheme open for long.She has pre rgistered but has not heard anything from them as yet.